“Delicious and Welcoming”
Review of Rasa W1

Rasa W1
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasa W1 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,780 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: If the words 'vegeterian' and 'banquet' have never appeared in one sentence for you, then you haven't yet tried Rasa W1. The menu features only authentic cuisine from Kerala on India's spice-rich Malabar Coast, served on a huge, fresh banana leaf. If you have the adventurous spirit, try the Kerala Feast, an exquisite mix of flavours and textures from across the menu - the chefs are happy to include any dishes that you fancy. A favourite from the a la carte menu is moru kachiathu, sweet mangos and green bananas cooked in yoghurt with green chillies, ginger, and fresh curry leaves. The pickles and chutneys alone are almost worth the trip. Shortish, wide-ranging wine list. Plush surroundings and welcoming service add to the pleasures of the meal.
Glendale, California
“Delicious and Welcoming”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

On our final night of our last London trip, my husband and I were wandering around the streets near our hotel, trying to find a restaurant for dinner and we happened on Rasa W1.

A little information. My husband is English and for as long as we have been together, he has bragged about the amazing Indian food in his home country. We live in Los Angeles and quite honestly, I think that we have great Indian restaurants here and I was curious on how it could be improved.

We came to England and we just didn't find any amazing Indian restaurants. Some were downright terrible. So on the last night, we gave it one last shot with Rasa W1.

It was a hit!

The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was cozy and the staff was very welcoming. We even found out that the owner has a relative with a restaurant in Los Angeles!

I'm not sure that the food was any better than some of my favorite places in Los Angeles. I really couldn't tell the difference. However, the food was very good and I would definitely come back here on future trip to London. I highly recommend Rasa W1!

Like my review? Check out my blog.

• Visited October 2013

“Absolutely wonderful Kerala food”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to this Rasa restaurant numerous times over the last 8 or so years. It has never, ever failed to disappoint. I have never come across Indian food so good outside of India. The ambience is cosy, the service reasonably attentive (sometimes a bit slow but hey why rush this?) but it is such heavenly food I would eat there more if I could. I have taken so many of my friends there and they are always equally amazed. I confess I find it hard to resist their beetroot curry - it is truly wonderful - and their cabbage side dish is great.

Big Rapids, Michigan
“Quality food, excellent service”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were a group of seven. A couple had never had Indian food, others were devoted lovers of this cuisine. Rasa served both equally well. Our server was very patient in explaining what things were, what the spice level was like, etc. All of us came away impressed. The newbies enjoyed their first taste of Indian food without being blown away by heat and those of us who had experienced this kind of food before thought it of high quality. This is south Indian style btw. Not the most fancy in terms of the building but well worth the visit.

“Good south indian food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good ambience. The staff are friendly.. I really enjoyed the kerala parota and chicken curry.. authentic south indian taste.. only problem.. i went past it a few times missing it..

“Delicious every time”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is one of my very favourite Indian restaurants, the food is delicious and consistent. The vegetarian options are amazing. And the curries are not oil/ butter heavy which is great. The cabbage with coconut, yum! Beetroot a must try as another side dish. Lamb with coconut also lovely. Making myself hungry now!

• Visited September 2013