“Excellent!!!”
Review of Rasa W1

Rasa W1
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasa W1 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,703 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: If the words 'vegeterian' and 'banquet' have never appeared in one sentence for you, then you haven't yet tried Rasa W1. The menu features only authentic cuisine from Kerala on India's spice-rich Malabar Coast, served on a huge, fresh banana leaf. If you have the adventurous spirit, try the Kerala Feast, an exquisite mix of flavours and textures from across the menu - the chefs are happy to include any dishes that you fancy. A favourite from the a la carte menu is moru kachiathu, sweet mangos and green bananas cooked in yoghurt with green chillies, ginger, and fresh curry leaves. The pickles and chutneys alone are almost worth the trip. Shortish, wide-ranging wine list. Plush surroundings and welcoming service add to the pleasures of the meal.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have not been to the rasa for 5 years, so I was excited. I was not disappointed the food was still Marvalis! My only qualm is they now serve meat. We had a very nice waiter thought. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't praise the food and service highly enough. I have dined both with my 11 year old son and alone at Rasa and the experience is always superb. The menu is both interesting and diverse, the food is perfect and the staff are always attentive and courteous. You can buy the owners cook book and try some recipes at home as well!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Dinner with family. The best south indian food I've had in years. The chicken masala and coconut rice was unlike any i've had in the States. If you're on Oxford St shopping this a great place to refuel. Seating is a little cramped but the service makes it so worth it.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Been going to Rasa for a few years now and it never disappoints. I've never had a meal that I didn't enjoy, and the Banana boli is always terrific. Staff is friendly and attentive. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Lovely food- a great experimental approach to vegetarianism. We opted for the taster/sample menu which is fantastic value for money. We turned up famished so it was quite an accomplishment on the restaurants part that both myself and the person I was with could not finish our food due to the generous portions.

My only complaint… It’s a shame that in this day and age I am made to feel that only my male companions opinion of the food and wine matters. Our attentive waiter constantly chose to solely address my male companion and I found it very insulting, especially considering I was the one who had picked the restaurant and was paying. Not acceptable.

2  Thank AbzTrip