“Our families favorite Indian restaurant of all time!”
Review of Punjab

Punjab
Ranked #1,352 of 28,447 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!! The food is always excellent as well as the service. Both the food and the service are exceptional. The management goes above and beyond to make sure the customers are happy. Can't wait to go back to London so we can visit our friends at Punjab and eat our favorite Indian Food!!!

Date of visit: December 2018

Hi R0xannaD

What a great review thank you so much for your ongoing support.
We pride ourselves on being a family-owned and run restaurant. Families are what make our business as we are lucky enough to have different generations returning to the restaurant.
Please do come and see us again the next time you are in Covent Garden
MD of the Punjab

Write a reviewReviews (2,609)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of London’s hidden gems!
Tastefully decorated with pictures dating back to the 1950’s adorning the walls, which tell the story of the restaurant’s heritage.

The management and staff are super friendly, professional and the customer service is exceptional.

I opted for the Kima Naan, and a madras lamb curry with pilau rice!

The kima Naan was hands down the best I’ve tasted, with the mince generously proportioned and evenly distributed.

The rice was freshly cooked and fragrant, the lamb succulent and free of any fat, and the sauce delightul!

There wasn’t a grain of rice left on the plate and my friend and I were born amazed at the quality of the food and service!

10/10 ❤️

Hi Afshin09,

Thank you so much for your recent 5-star review of the Punjab.
I was delighted to read that you and your friend really enjoyed your time with us.
Please do come and visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Hemant Kumar

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Heard very good reviews from a friend about this restaurant but don't think it does justice to the vegetarian dishes on the menu. The chicken and lamb dishes were definitely good but the vegetarian dishes were not even close to being good. The biryani was such a disaster that I dint even feel like eating it, looking at it. Have had much better Indian vegetarian food at many other places in London so won't recommend at all atleast for veg food.

Date of visit: July 2019

Hi DpkaG87
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review of the Punjab. I was sorry to hear that you felt that the vegetarian dishes weren't to your liking.
You don't mention why you didn't like the vegetarian dishes so it is very difficult for me to comment.
Please do come back to the restaurant so that we have the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a fantastic discovery. Go for the Punjabi specialities. I loved the mint chicken. Very attentive service and speedy delivery of orders. It clearly benefits from first class management

Hi 810graemem

What a great review thank you so much. It was great to hear that you really enjoyed your chicken dish and our service.
Please do come and visit us again very soon

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

First time at the Punjab, excellent service and food reasonably priced.
The lamb dish I had was excellent and my vegetarian wife loved the range to choose from!
Definitely my got to Indian Restaurant in central London in future!

Hi davidrobertrichards

Thank you so much for your kind words after your recent visit to the Punjab. I was delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us.
As you so rightly point out we do try and cater for all dietary requirements.
Please do come and visit us again very soon