“Fast & Delicious!”

Neighborhood: Covent Garden
New York, New York, United States
“Fast & Delicious!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am traveling on business so dined alone. Went in around 20:00 on a Monday and did not have to wait, although the restaurant was busy. The servers were very friendly and nice. I could see how people may feel rushed, but as I was alone I didn't mind in the slightest. Although I love Indian food, I am not very adventurous, so I kept it simple with chicken tikka masala and butter naan and a glass of the house white wine. It was by far the best I've ever had! VERY delicious. Would definitely recommend to anyone who loves Indian food.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
“Fast food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Recommended by an local Indian friend, we went there at around 6:30 and were told at the door step that each table will only allow for 1 1/2 hour eating time.

The food was one the best Indian cuisines I've ever tasted, unfortunately, the waiters there kept on asking us if we have finished dinner over the course of the one and half hours, regardless the allowance (was already too short for a decent meal) we were given.

I would rate this restaurant excellent if the operator would consider eating is not the sole purpose for dinning.

All in all, I don't mind to come back to this fast food like restaurant to eat alone, but will never consider taking friend or family for fine dinning here.

New York City, New York
“The worst Indian meal I ever had”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Unfortunately I was seated in the room to the right of the entrance, along the walkway for the staff. There was constant walking back and forth from the kitchen by the staff who repeatedly kicked my chair. The samosas and pakora were greasy and unappetizing, the okra was not fresh. It was very busy and the staff was oblivious to the dissonance, this was not dining.

Amrit m, Owner at Punjab, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Linda L

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you found our service and food not upto your expectation. I sincerely apologise for the inconvience caused.

Please note that our Kitchen is located in the basement and not at the rear of the restaurant, in fact there is another larger dining section at the rear, thats why staff were walking past clearly much to your irritation. Our service is fast and when busy, the place does get packed !
We have four dining sections with our tables close together, this reflects the "bistro" style that we operate out of two old historic buildings.

My team should have moved you to another section with a larger table and more space. Once again i sincerely apologise as we are flexible and do move guests on request and availability of tables. In terms of our food, the Samosas & Pakora are always deep fried and all our vegetables are freshly delivered in the morning & prepared/marinated and cooked to order. I do hope that you try us again and this time, my team and I will personally look after you. Kind Regards A Maan MD
New Providence, New Jersey
“Great Indian food in London”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a fantastic meal at Punjab in Covent Garden in London. Best Indian food I've ever had. My family also enjoyed it and our traveling companions had never eaten Indian food before and loved it. Great service too. This is an authentic Indian restaurant as well, as our waiter informed us.

Oruro, Bolivia
“very tasty”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lovely family restaurant and really tasty Punjabi food, beautifully cooked and presented by delightful staff. Main course and desert both delicious.