“Delicious meal, crazy service”
Review of Punjab

Punjab
Ranked #1,144 of 24,426 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Fantastic food, but we had like 4 different servers. The owner kinda of caught me off gard with his jabs, but once I read the smart @ss menu, I understood better the Punjab.
Amazingly good and a historic icon in London!

Amrit m, Owner at Punjab, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review of our restaurant, it was great to meet you and i enjoyed going through the menu with you highlighting the classic dishes from the Punjab region.
Yes, you do get a number of servers attending at your table, we are a busy and bustling restaurant , there's always the Restaurant Managers around , Senior Waiters who take your order and busssers who serve and clear your order. And of course there's me, the Governor.... as i am always fascinated by where my guests come from, what they order from the menu and getting feedback on the food.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,225)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ordered popadums with dips. The dips came and the salad was old - tomatoes grey and shrivelled - and the lime pickle had a skin on top. I asked the waiter to cancel our order, and the manager was rude, almost aggressive, and certainly patronising in his explanation that the dips are prepared on a daily basis so aren't prepared to order. Vile

Amrit m, Owner at Punjab, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our food and service. Our Chutney tray consists of home made mint chutney, mango chutney, medley of diced cucumber, carrots, onions and tomatoes and our hot lime pickle. All our salads are prepared fresh on a daily basis and yes we do include skin in our lime pickle ( as all other traditional indian restaurants do).

Our lime pickle has a tart, succulent flesh & chewy lime skin. It is an acquired taste but a perfect complement with papadums & cold beer. If there was no skin, we would only be serving lime puree/paste. Please drop me a email and I would be happy to explain the process of how we make our pickles, sauces and chutneys in greater detail.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

we ate a delicious dinner and reasonable prices of authentic hindu punjab are food, for non hindu as us, the level of spicy was acceptable as well as other spices, most probably local people from idia may find not spicy enough.... that is understandable. if you are from america, it is the much better option than any other resturant that we have in our countries, so it s a better approach to the culinary culture of india.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This may very well be the best butter chicken in the UK. I'm from India and have grown up on Butter Chicken and this ranks amongst the very top. The other things on the menu are quite good as well.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Cold and icy outside this offered a nice warm welcome from the staff, a great way to finish the day. The food was very fresh, had very favourable tastes, the service was good and the beer was very cold.
try the Madras its wonderful

1  Thank Lee H
Amrit m, Owner at Punjab, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing your short review.
I must confess I find our madras nice and spicy too, specially in the current cold weather.