“Okay food, expensive for what it is, poor staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ping Pong Soho

Ping Pong Soho
Ranked #846 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: London's Ping Pong restaurant in Soho serves delicious dim sum and Chinese dishes, fragrant teas and stunning cocktails. Ping Pong is one of the leading Chinese restaurant brands in central London.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay food, expensive for what it is, poor staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited for the first time recently for a friend's birthday. Service was quite slow, as there was a huge birthday party in (of at least 25) and the vast amount of effort went in to serving them. Our drinks came after about 4 dishes and the servers just plonked them at the end of the table rather than handing them to the person who ordered it. I understand it's dim sum but there are too many plates and baskets - servers took quite a while to clear them away too.

Food was quite nice but it's SO DARK in there we had no idea what we were eating (not explained what each one is, just said 'part of this/that set meal' & walked away), & the servers had to really look at their notes to figure out what they were delivering! The food was quite nice and you don't expect to get full on the amount you get!

Whilst we were a group of 6, on their website it says they add the service charge to the bill regardless of size, which I HATE. I work in catering so I know how poorly paid it is, but you shouldn't assume the service you offer is perfect and make everyone pay the full 12.5%. Our service was not brilliant. 5 of us split the bill and 4 paid by card - we were due around £5 back from the other persons cash and waited for around 10mins but it never showed up. All the staff honestly seemed to have disappeared! So I probably wouldn't go back just because I was effectively stolen from...!

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Kathmandu
“Go chinese!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a great chinese restaurant in London. A wide variety to choose from. Very busy and blends the chinese and western fusion both in menu and deco. The fried pork fats are just great! Definitely have the large selection of dimsums. Jasmine tea, after meal is a good way to finish.

Visited May 2012
warwickshire
“Surprise birthday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband brought me here as a surprise for lunch while shopping in London. We had been once before with friends and we loved it then. We ended up having a total of 12 dishes, 9 we ordered and paid for, 1 we got by mistake but was told to have it on the house as a an error with the ordering, 1 we got just because and then to top it off we were presented with the chocolate and banana rolls with chocolate ice cream...with a birthday candle on top! The staff are so nice and helpful, they rush around everywhere and don't stop, its constant work for them. We sat in the front, watching the chef. The food is tasty and moorish. My husband had a emperor flower tea which was interesting and i had the raspberry and bourbon cocktail! Cant wait to go back again.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Pretty good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Been here a few times and still going strong. Nice atmosphere, benches are uncomfortable after a while. Excellent non-alcoholic drinks and big bottles of Tsingtao.

The food is good - not greasy, unless it is Shanghainese, brilliant spare ribs and very good prawn toasts. Service was spot on.

Dim sum is a brilliant concept, as is service (often a bit lacking in 'authentic' Chinese). All in all, worth a visit - not bad value either.

London, UK
“Great Business Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Was in between business meetings and in need of sustenance at lunchtime, so had a brainwave and tried (been there before) the Soho Ping Pong. Noisy welcome...well it was empty so the staff had to make me feel important (!), and took a seat up at the bar.

Tucked in to the delicious Ping Pong assortment which was excellent, had a couple of beers to help wash it down, stayed a while to check my emails via their free WiFi, and with service cost me £20. Yes, I could have bought a sandwich from one of the many quick food places for under a fiver, but this was relaxed and a great setting. I noticed that it filled up pretty quickly after I arrived, with a mix of ladies who shop and lunch plus a number of business tables.