“Wonderful”
Review of Pied a Terre

Pied a Terre
Reserve with OpenTable
Pied a Terre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Located in Fitzrovia, the heart of the West End, Pied a Terre is one of the capital's most established fine dining, Michelin-starred restaurants. Although established in 1991, it has been under the guidance of David Moore since 1998 and has gone on to gain some of the highest gastronomic awards and accolades possible. Beautifully appointed and radiating modest quality, the restaurant is charmingly intimate. As you expect, the service is professional yet discreet in order to maintain a relaxed atmosphere. For larger parties, the second floor private dining room seats up to 13 guests and comes with butler style service at no extra cost. Diners can also enjoy the exclusive bar on the first floor for drinks and canapes or exclusive wine tasting events. The cuisine is both simple and inventive, with care and attention to detail as the focus. Combine this dining experience with the outstanding selection of wines, and you have a match made in heaven.
New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The kind of dinner you never want to end because each course is better than the one before. Small restaurant with more than enough distance between tables for ease of private conversation. More old-school than contemporary, the chairs are great big comfortable armchairs and the service is just impeccable. An absolute must try.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank amiezil
Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi amiezil, I guess seeing as we’ve been around for over 20 years we are indeed ‘old-school’ but we like to think that’s all part of the charm. It’s great to hear you enjoyed dining with us and thank you for your feedback. David Moore.

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Most amazing dining experience of my life.”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had the 7 course tasting menu, everything, down to the butter they give you for the bread, was amazing. Best piece of meat I've ever eaten- crispy on the outside and melted inside. The service was impeccable, truly amazing experience. Would recommend

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend Pied a Terre – I love the title of your review and hope you’ll be back soon for more! David Moore.
London, United Kingdom
“Special day made even more spectacular...”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My son and his partner took me out for dinner, for my birthday and we landed at Pied a Terre...he couldnt have chosen a better restaurant, the ambiance of the restaurant was relaxing and cosy, very intimate and felt rather exclusive too....the service was exemplary, our experience was obviously paramount to the staff. The food was amazing, enjoyable, totally delicious, was beautifully presented, such talented chefs. We were so delighted with our experience. I can totally recommend Pied a Terre, and will definately be visiting the restaurant again for special occassions. Thank you so much!

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Such lovely feedback Kiria! Happy birthday from us and I’m so pleased you enjoyed your birthday meal with us. I look forward to welcoming you back, David Moore.
“Had high expectations ”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Had a lunch here today and can honestly say it was brilliant the flavours and food were spot on not much I would say needs improvement apart from some of the courses were let's say warm rather then HOT but apart from nit picking and letting chefy side of me go on it was what I wanted food and service Verry happy customer !

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thanks for your feedback and I’m pleased you enjoyed the meal – it’s always nice to hear from fellow chefs. I will take your comments on board and I hope to see you again very soon. David Moore.
Putney
“Left without eating”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

A word of warning about this restaurant. There is a small ante-room at the front of the restaurant with 4 very closely packed tables for 2. They are so close that its impossible to have a conversation without every word being heard/hearing everyone else's stilted conversation. Its very awkward, and not dissimilar to dining in a morgue.

The maitre'd had an opportunity to save the situation. With a bit of creativity, he could have offered us a drink upstairs in the bar, possibly with an amuse bouche, and then moved us to a table in the main room. Instead a few gallic shrugs of the shoulder later, he said that it was the luck of the draw who was allocated which table and he only has 14 to work with. Clearly when booking, they should make it clear that there is a quiet area and an area with more atmosphere. There are no doubt some customers that would be fine with dining in near silence - others want a bit more of a convivial atmosphere.

We walked out and went to Roka and ate a the bar instead, where we had a much better time.

4 Thank David W
Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments.

Pied-a-Terre is a very small and very intimate central London restaurant. We are housed in an 1873 town house and that does cause some interesting challenges.

We have 2 dining rooms and your review will help to highlight this. The small front room is very popular, but can have a marmite response from customers, many regulars request this room.

Table allocation is not exactly luck of the draw as we have many requests for tables in both rooms, but we do not solicit a preference from customers when booking. We try very hard to accommodate all table requests.

On the evening it was going to be over an hour before we would have had a table in the rear room and as I understand it you preferred not to wait.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity and include my email for you to contact me to assist with your booking; david@pied-a-terre.co.uk.

Very best wishes, David Moore.