“For that special, wow meal”
Review of Pied a Terre

Pied a Terre
Ranked #60 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Located in Fitzrovia, the heart of the West End, Pied a Terre is one of the capital's most established fine dining, Michelin-starred restaurants. Although established in 1991, it has been under the guidance of David Moore since 1998 and has gone on to gain some of the highest gastronomic awards and accolades possible. Beautifully appointed and radiating modest quality, the restaurant is charmingly intimate. As you expect, the service is professional yet discreet in order to maintain a relaxed atmosphere. For larger parties, the second floor private dining room seats up to 13 guests and comes with butler style service at no extra cost. Diners can also enjoy the exclusive bar on the first floor for drinks and canapes or exclusive wine tasting events. The cuisine is both simple and inventive, with care and attention to detail as the focus. Combine this dining experience with the outstanding selection of wines, and you have a match made in heaven.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Two trips to this highly rated restaurant now confirm it as an outstanding performer at the top end of London's gastronomic league table. Yes, it is expensive but you get five star treatment and performance from a well honed excellent staff and top notch French cuisine and an excellent wine list and a great sommelier to boot. On the second occasion my wife was sadly a bit under the weather but the care shown and understanding matched the ambience of a top restaurant at the top of its game. Stand out dishes included the Mushroom and Truffle soup and a fantastic Turbot dish.

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi blueskychaser, thank you for your kind comments – I hope your wife is feeling better and we can welcome you both back soon, David Moore.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

A combination of pluses and minuses. Have been here a couple times, most recently with my better half.

Service is excellent, authentic. I still don't get the decor. Enjoyed the wine experience with the sommelier. Clearly a lot of effort went into preparing the food. But felt that too many items served were either deep fried or overly sugary. I was still hungry at the end of the evening.

1  Thank J B
Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I was disappointed to read your review JB and I’m sorry the whole experience wasn’t quite to your taste. David Moore.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

What a wonderful restaurant. We were lucky enough to try the chef's tasting menu with suggested wines. Every course was gorgeous and the wines were just as good - often different and very imaginative. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff were the most friendly I have ever experienced in this class of restaurant - especially for London ! Can't wait to visit again

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

We can’t wait for you to visit again either MACALI! Thanks for taking the time to review us and see you soon, David Moore.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had the Tasting Menu with matched wines i.e. they give you a different wine with each of the courses. After each course the wine waiter will come back to ask you what you thought the wine was and to talk about it. So an education as well as they delighted in little known wines. Superb evening

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thanks for your review Devala R, I’m pleased you enjoyed the wine flight – it really completes the experience and can be great fun guessing which is which! David Moore.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We save gold coins towards a fine meal when on holiday. This time we planned a visit to a michelin star restaurant in London and found this one to be most enjoyable. Upon entering we were greeted in an appropriate and friendly manner, ushered to our table (in the front quieter part of the restaurant) and the waiter introduced himself to us and presented the drinks menu. A magnificent selection of internationally sourced wines to which he added some recommendations and was able to add information - I settled for a smooth Portuguese Merlot.

Food and service were exquisite, with the proprietor visiting our table for a friendly short chat. This was a meal of note at a restaurant of good standing…not hesitation in recommending this to others. I would like to try his other 2 restaurants - L'Autre Pied and I believe a pop-up (not sure when this opens and for how long).

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I’ve just come back from holiday myself Richard so I know what you mean! Thanks for your review, I love the title and I really hope you get the chance to come and try our sister restaurant L’Autre Pied. Our pop-up restaurant Pieds Nus closed last week but we are looking to re-open at another location very soon. David Moore.