“expensive but nice”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Located in Fitzrovia, the heart of the West End, Pied a Terre is one of the capital's most established fine dining, Michelin-starred restaurants. Although established in 1991, it has been under the guidance of David Moore since 1998 and has gone on to gain some of the highest gastronomic awards and accolades possible. Beautifully appointed and radiating modest quality, the restaurant is charmingly intimate. As you expect, the service is professional yet discreet in order to maintain a relaxed atmosphere. For larger parties, the second floor private dining room seats up to 13 guests and comes with butler style service at no extra cost. Diners can also enjoy the exclusive bar on the first floor for drinks and canapes or exclusive wine tasting events. The cuisine is both simple and inventive, with care and attention to detail as the focus. Combine this dining experience with the outstanding selection of wines, and you have a match made in heaven.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

we had the tasting menu. Some spectacular taste sensations, the venison, mushrooms and pork belly dishes were all exquisite. The service was attentive and the sommelier was outstanding - both knowledgeable and graceful as we guessed the grape wrongly time after time.
the desserts were too much but they suggested that we take them with us - so we continued to enjoy pied a terre for a second day.
one day I will have enough dosh to do it again

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hi Tristram H, thank you for your kind feedback and I’m pleased you enjoyed the meal. We also have a wonderful lunch menu with 2 courses for £27.50 so you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to spoil yourself! David Moore.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The food was not bad and the service was good, but they were out of 3 of the mains. I can see how this could be a Michelin starred restaurant, it's just not worth the £75.

2  Thank pjbiz

Hi pjbiz, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your meal with us and we were not able to provide you with all of your desired choices. David Moore.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous! Deserves the Michelin stars and more! Everything was outstanding, the mises en bouche, the entrees, the main courses. We were so full we wanted to skip desserts. But they just offered us pure delights after dinner was finished. I can't describe the exquisite quality of the dishes, the marvelous service ( we were soaked and late but they dried my coat and made us feel as if we were unique ( we weren't of course, they were)
I must say UNFORGETTABLE! PLEASE don't miss it!

Hi Martha_cross, thank you for your kind feedback, I’m so pleased you enjoyed the meal. David Moore.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Some of the canapes were exquisite, especially the mushroom ones. Lovely wine chosen by wine waiter, breads delicious etc. Can't really fault the food.

However, we arrived when the restaurant was busy (I assume it normally is) and they didn't have enough menus for us to look at menus while we were waiting at the table. I've dined in many fabulous restaurants but never had to wait for menus until other tables are finished with them! We got the sense that the staff really wanted to follow their own pattern (eg bread brought after a certain time etc etc) and really aren't interested in being flexible to the customer's requirements.

That said, food came relatively swiftly, bread was offered several times etc. A lovely meal, just a shame I can't award five starts because of the lacuna in their service.

Hi likest0travel, I was disappointed to read your review and I am very sorry that you had to wait for your menus. We would have been more than happy to be flexible with our approach to service – we always suggest you mention this at the time so we can address your requirements during your meal. I am glad to hear however that you couldn’t fault the food and I hope to welcome you back, David Moore.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Having booked this a few weeks ago and discussed with friends whether to go A La Carte or tasting menu, we opted for the Chefs Menu which did not disappoint. The food was exquisite and decorated so tastefully on the plate, you didn't want to eat it! The service was exceptional, your glass was always filled and the staff couldn't do enough for you even to the point of noticing that I didnt eat the Oyster canape and brought me something different! Now thats service for you! The entire experience lasted 3 hours which was perfect. Having seen Marcus Eaves plenty of times on various Chefs programmes, we were keen to know if he working on this particular night and as we stepped outside we asked one of the Kitchen staff if we could say hello and express our thanks to the chef. Marcus was more than happy to have a chat and have his picture taken (with a few drunk people, so we apologise for this!) All in a great night and would definitely recommend and come again! thank you for a quality night!

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hi Jackl1969, thank you for your review, it’s great to hear how much you enjoyed the Chef’s menu. I’m glad you got the chance to meet Marcus too – he enjoys escaping from the kitchen now and then to meet the diners! David Moore.