“Top quality food.”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Located in Fitzrovia, the heart of the West End, Pied a Terre is one of the capital's most established fine dining, Michelin-starred restaurants. Although established in 1991, it has been under the guidance of David Moore since 1998 and has gone on to gain some of the highest gastronomic awards and accolades possible. Beautifully appointed and radiating modest quality, the restaurant is charmingly intimate. As you expect, the service is professional yet discreet in order to maintain a relaxed atmosphere. For larger parties, the second floor private dining room seats up to 13 guests and comes with butler style service at no extra cost. Diners can also enjoy the exclusive bar on the first floor for drinks and canapes or exclusive wine tasting events. The cuisine is both simple and inventive, with care and attention to detail as the focus. Combine this dining experience with the outstanding selection of wines, and you have a match made in heaven.
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here for a birthday treat. We had the 7 course tasting menu with wine matching.

The service was excellent. When we arrived and were shown to our table there seemed to be about 3-4 people waiting our table, but within 10 minutes when we'd confirmed which menu we would eat this calmed a little and we had 1 very attentive waiter & fantastic sommelier who looked after us for the rest of the night.

The food was wonderful...presentation is excellent and the flavours are very good. I recommend the wine matching - we enjoyed learning about the wines we had and I will definitely look out for some again.

One small niggle was that at the end of our meal, we asked to be given the names of the wines we had drunk that night & the sommelier said he was too busy to write them down so we should email the restaurant. I understand that the restaurant probably was busy but when paying £260+ for a meal I don't think my request was unreasonable!

Also, we didn't finish all of our petit fours (which were brough at the end of our meal with coffee and were fantastic). I noticed that other diners were given theirs in a little box to take away - and were offered this without asking for it. This didn't happen to us which was a shame.

However, they are just 2 small niggles from an otherwise wonderful evening. This is high quality food - compliments to the chef & kitchen team.

Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Hi HanW6881, happy birthday again and thank you for taking the time to review Pied à Terre. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the meal and the selection of wines although I’m sorry to hear that your experience was let down slightly at the end. As you quite rightly point out, you should have been given your petit fours in a box to take away with you and I’m sorry this slipped our attention. As for the wine list, out sommelier was very busy that evening and would have wanted to be able to give you a proper overview of your wines rather than a quick list which is why he would have requested you email the restaurant but this should have been explained to you so I do apologise. I have spoken to Mathieu and I am aware he has sent you the wine list and I’m pleased this didn’t affect your overall impression of the restaurant and do hope you will come back soon. David Moore.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I went as a woman alone for lunch (I'm worth it!). They have a very good value set menu -- considering the quality of food. Service was attentive and affable and the food was great. I can't wait to return. Miles superior to my lunch experience at Galvin at Windows.

Hi galaxiegirl, I’m glad you enjoyed the lunch menu and service and look forward to seeing you again soon – maybe for the a la carte or tasting menu next time, you’re definitely worth that! Thanks, David Moore.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We planned my wife's birthday celebration around a lazy three hour lunch. It turned out exactly as we planned it! Great service, great food and excellent wines at the best table in the place. A few words with the owner wishing us well and our waiter's pleasant sense of humour helped make our day. Getting ready to book again.

Hi Michael, thank you for your review and I’m glad you enjoyed celebrating your wife’s birthday with us – it was lovely to meet you all and I look forward to your return. Thanks, David Moore.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was really excited about taking 2 of my most important clients to this restaurant due to its reputation.
Indeed, the amuse bouche was delicious but unfortunately 30 minutes after that we were still waitng for our main course - most embarassing! Whenever asked we were told it would only be a few minutes more. The apologies were insincere and I really got the impression that they were not too bothered at all
When I told the manager that if we were not served within 1 minutes we were leaving he replied that he still had 60 seconds to serve us - rather rude I think.
And of course, after 10 minutes still no sign of food - so we got up and left. Again, a very shallow apology.
They did call my office to apologize but as I was in the meeting they left a message with my secretary and never bothered to call back to speak to me.
Inexcusable really - and of course I will not be going back !!

2  Thank Manuela E
Pied R, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hi Manuela, I was very disappointed to hear about the level of service you received which is why we did try and get in touch with you to apologise personally but unfortunately we were unable to reach you. I am very sorry about your experience at Pied a Terre, this is by no means acceptable or usual for our restaurant and I’m sorry you had to leave and we weren’t able to rectify our mistake. Regards, David Moore.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Top rate from start to finish. Superb service,exceptional food and a very comfortable ding room. We have been lucky enough to eat at a few michelin starred restaurants and Pied a Terre holds its on with any of them. While expensive it is priced lower than many similar restaurants,in my opinion its worth the splurge.

Hi snillor, thanks for taking the time to review Pied a Terre, it’s always nice to hear such lovely feedback! Regards, David Moore.