“Faultless”

Ranked #217 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: One of London’s most acclaimed restaurants, Marcus combines two Michelin-starred cooking with a relaxed, contemporary space. With Marcus Wareing at the helm, working closely with head chef Mark Froydenlund, modern British food using the highest quality produce is executed to exacting standards, to evoke and create lasting memories. Dining options include À La Carte, Taste and Lunch menus, a spectacular Chef’s Table for up to 10 guests – the best food theatre in London – and The Salon, an elegant private dining room, flooded with natural light, for groups of up to 16.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Faultless service, fantastic food and great ambience. This has to be in my top 10 meals ever (so far)!! Having visited Petrus the night before this evening delivered on flavours that were unfortunately not present the night before.

The menu was innovative and different but the flavours were superb. The sommelier was informed and helpful and even went off piste!

Definitely would return, this is my kind of place!

1  Thank Firethorne
There are newer reviews for Marcus

Reviewed August 23, 2013

A table for two booked here following the previous evening spent dinning at the re located Petrus. So, are they similar? Mr Wareings restaurant was the original 'Petrus' and he was an employee of the well known Mr Ramsay.
The costs are as high, if not even more, but, and it's a big but, the difference is earth shatteringly vast. Mr. Waering's menu is a master piece, and packed full of beautifully cooked food bursting with cleverly balanced flavours. It is simply food prepared and served in true excellence.
As to ambiance the restaurant is perfect, there's a buzz, and the staff are attentive.
As diners, we are not necessarily experts in food prep, and we don't all have an educated pallet, but you just know when a dish not only looks good, but actually tastes superb, so if you are going to pay 2 star prices in central London, then this is as good as it gets. It even costs slightly less than Nathan Outlaws at Rock, and he charges for the air you breath!
We eat at Gidleigh, Nathan Outlaw, Le Manoir, Rick Stein, Helen Darroze, even an old employee of the kitchen, Paul Ainsworth (No 6, Padstow) the point being that when paying for an evening in these levels of restaraunt you need it to be special, it needs to be good, it should be, and this is a place that does exactly that. Excellent, Thank you.

1  Thank Pommepuree
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I were treated to a tasting lunch at the chefs table, overlooking the kitchen. Warm welcome pre lunch drinks in the main restaurant, then through to the chefs table which is in a raised alcove near the kitchen. All the food was delicious particularly the Quail heart, the beef and the lemon meringue. Service attentive and friendly, knowledgeable staff from the kitchen presented certain courses. Matching wine flight, excellent with some unusual interesting choices.
All in all a thoroughly splendid lunch, as to the cost not sure but I am sure a lunch of this quality would not be cheap, but I can guess and think it would have been fair.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I went for Saturday lunch and I found a plastic object in my pre dessert. No apology was made and I was really surprised. After that they took it upon themselves to remove anything from my actual dessert that they deemed inappropriate for a pregnant woman. I was given a pile of strawberries instead of the beautiful concoction my husband received. I was neither told it would be changed (there was no indication of what was in it so I couldn't make my own decision) or given the option for something else, it was just put in front of me. The whole experience from main course onwards was so embarrassing and I hate feeling like that, especially when I'm paying good money for a decent meal. The food was decent enough (apart from the plastic additions!) but the waiters were very very poor and I wish I had removed the service charge from our bill. I was so upset that I just wanted to pay and get out of the hotel before starting to cry. There is not enough room to explain the whole story and I hate complaining but I really was very upset by the whole thing.

4  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went here for a business lunch this week. Both of us had the lunch menu (3 courses) with the wine option. Food was excellent and the wines well chosen - nothing traditional, with the Pinot Noir like Hungarian red particularly in tune with the main course pork. Not crowded in middle of August, but still enough atmosphere. Will definitely return...