“Stylish setting, interesting menu”
Review of Orso

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Transit: Covent Garden
Description: The finest Italian cuisine comes to Covent Garden. Opened in October 1985, Orso is a wonderful restaurant in the heart of London's West End. From the beginning, the aim was to bring authentic Italian cuisine to Covent Garden and Orso delivers. Orso takes pride in using only the freshest and finest ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, arugula, puntarelle, porcini mushrooms, buffalo mozzarella and white truffles, when in season and sourced in Italy. But it is not just about the ingredients; each meal is prepared to perfection, served on hand-painted Italian tableware designed by Designers Guild, and accompanied by a selection of fine Italian wines. Orso is the perfect destination for the London diner, offering bustling but attentive service, a lively atmosphere and a tempting menu.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Often tempted to try Orso but put off by the prices. However, the set lunch at £16.95 looked interesting so we gave it a try. Spacious room, quiet and civilised. My starter of 'crispy squid' turned out to be calamares a la romana and pretty ordinary. My partner's chilled tomato and courgette soup was a better choice. For mains my swordfish was cooked perfectly and accompanied by an excellent caponata, P's chicken escalope was even better, crisp and succulent. Good choice of reasonably priced wine. To sum up. Orso is a bit more expensive than the legion of Italian places around the Opera House, but probably worth it for the relaxed, calm atmosphere.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a handy restaurant in the heart of London. We visited on an August Sunday afternoon and we were pleased to see it had a children's menu. Food was fairly average but we were surprised when the bill arrived as it was 50% higher than expected. Over £8 for a glass of wine (once the 12.5% service charge has been added) and £4 for an orange juice. Even the kids menu is over £10 with service charge.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I returned to this restaurant after a few years and was pleasantly surprised. The food was as good as I remember. The garlic and rosemary flatbread is gorgeous, as was the fried zucchini. Main course of linguine with crabmeat was excellent. I ordered a small portion and glad I did, as it was plenty. My friend had ice cream but I could not manage any more. The only downside was the service, I found the waitresses to be very surly and unhelpful. We were then charged for three coffees and we only had one. Atmosphere was as I remembered it with some of the diners having just finished working in the local theatres.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This please has real Italian food with real Italian people and a real Italian atmosphere to match. The food was delicious, and not what you get anywhere else. And to round all off the drinks were wonderful witha wide range of cocktails and San Pelligrino water and juice.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Fantastic service! But that's about it! Starters, calamaris and goatcheese with valnuts - below average. Main course, speciality of the day - risotto with aspargus and peas - no taste whatsoever! Desert very nice!