“Very average”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Transit: Covent Garden
Description: The finest Italian cuisine comes to Covent Garden. Opened in October 1985, Orso is a wonderful restaurant in the heart of London's West End. From the beginning, the aim was to bring authentic Italian cuisine to Covent Garden and Orso delivers. Orso takes pride in using only the freshest and finest ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, arugula, puntarelle, porcini mushrooms, buffalo mozzarella and white truffles, when in season and sourced in Italy. But it is not just about the ingredients; each meal is prepared to perfection, served on hand-painted Italian tableware designed by Designers Guild, and accompanied by a selection of fine Italian wines. Orso is the perfect destination for the London diner, offering bustling but attentive service, a lively atmosphere and a tempting menu.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A quiet night out with friends on a Tuesday evening 8.30 pm. Food was OK if pricey. Service was quite poor and I often found myself looking for a waiter, despite the fact that the restaurant was only at about 20% occupied.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good food, awful service -- not just one of the staff, but all three of the people that were involved in looking after us. Never filled glasses, asked how things were or if we needed anything, just kept walking by like we were invisible. Won't be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My partner and I had the most marvelous Italian meal here recently. Ok so it's not cheap, but it is in the West End!! and they offer a fab choice of enjoying a pre- theatre meal, then pop back after the show for dessert and coffee which I thought was an excellent idea, quirky but really helpful.
The restaurant is situated underground and is warm and cosy and the staff are very friendly,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice restaurant, good food. Price to be expected in the West End, i.e pricey.
Biggest problem is the rush. We had olives and bread for the table and then out of nowhere the starters were served before we had started the olives. The waitress who it must be said was "a little vague" decided to start clearing our starters before we had finished them. Drinks took an age to arrive which I put down to "vague waitress" again. No sooner had the starters been removed than the main course arrived. I guess you should expect it in theatre land but this was just to much.
Bill included service charge which if I hadn't of been entertaining clients I would have refused.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Came here when it first opened to great reviews must be over 30 yrs ago. Saw the sign and popped in for dinner for old times sake. Friendly and professional service, good start with bowl
Of very lightly battered courgette ribbons, good buffalo mozzarella. Ordered the calves liver with pancetta, little disappointing in its presentation but quite tasty. My wife had the slow roast pork but it was dry and difficult to eat. The spinach dude was awful, tasted like BBQ fuel or bad burnt fat, weird, how can you mess up spinach. But excellent response from the staff full of apologies and no excuses. So I suppose we could have ordered differently and came away happy but that's not the point, highlight of the day spoiled.