“Great Time at Indigo”

Ranked #71 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: From decadent golden eggs to blueberry brioche and playful flavoured candy floss, every item reflects the wit and wonder of Roald Dahl's classic tale. Teatime treats are presented with a selection of award-winning loose leaf teas and infusions from Canton Tea.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We wnet to the theather over the weekend and booked a meal at Indigo afterwards.

Great food , with good service and tables not stupidly close together.

We will be back.

Thanks for a great meal.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Firstly this is a lovely room. I've been many times for drinks so when an offer came up for AT for £20 (regular price is £26). I decided to give it a whirl. I always think the measure of service is how they treat lone diners (tea-ers?) such as me. Well they delivered. Helpful, charming. Not in the least condescending. There was a bit of a wait of 10-15 minutes, after I took my seat, which I later realised must have been to allow for the hot items to be heated up. The tea menu also was late in arriving but once ordered (a superb Assam, since you ask), it all arrived at once. Initially I did wonder if this meant catering supplier scones,more suited to a bit of dry stone walling but these were near perfection - light, moist and crumbly. The mini cumpets and lemon curd are a nice touch as are the savoury items in addition to finger sandwiches and patisserie.

Top ups of everything (tea was served with an additional hot water pot but I could gladly have downed another fresh pot), were offered. To my credit I declined, mainly so as not to look a complete greedy guts. They also offered to wrap a couple of unfinished cakes for me.

All in all, a very nice AT - less pretentious than some, excellent value, even at full price, and graciously served.It's also a nice spot for some discreet people watching. The only reason it's not a 5 is that the patisserie selection didn't float my boat the way the Capital hotel or Fortnum's have done, but the other items more than compensated. Worth booking advance, but even at 3pm, until about 4pm you could walk in on spec (on a weekday). (Dress code since so many ask on TALF, is smart casual I'd say - tidy or trendy jeans would be fine but do bear in mind a fairly affluent bunch use this place).

1  Thank parklandwalk
Reviewed January 14, 2013

2 courses and all you can drink prosecco for £35 at a 5 star Hotel is in my books damn good value!
Service was impeccable from start to finish. The food was extremely good even for a limited choice on the et menu. Every one of our party of 12 found something they were happy to order and all of which they enjoyed!!
Our "prosecco" glasses were never at anytime below half full!
Really really enjoyable afternoon and totaly recommended.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staff who greeted us were friendly and helpful and our coats were taken immediately. We were initially a little worried at the delay (15 mins or so) but it was very busy, and we were shown to other seats while our table was prepare. We were asked if we would like a glass of champagne while we waited, and were pleasantly surprised to be offered a refill when we were seated at our table. Great atmosphere and surroundings - and very handy for Covent Garden/'theatre land'.

The tea itself was excellent - super sandwiches and delicious cakes and pastries. We did have to ask for more sandwiches (unless some other restaurants were the sandwiches are automatically replenished) but these arrived in a short time.

We would definitely return.

1  Thank Mog25
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My colleagues and I visited the Indigo restaurant at One Aldwych for brunch afew weekends ago. The staff were very accommodating and attentive throughout the duration of our brunch, it's safe to say that we got our monies worth with regards to the unlimited Prosecco!

The hotel serves a brunch service on Sat & Sun only and between the hours of 12:30-3pm.

In terms of the food we all opted to have a 3 course plus unlimited Prosecco, per person this came to a total of £38 excluding a tip or service charge which is the standard optional 10%.

On arrival all of our coats were taken (there were 9 of us) and we were shown to our table promptly. Without asking jugs of water, glasses and warm bread with butter and balsamic vinegar with olive oil was presented to us.

The menu is quite varied example starters include eggs benedict, royale or florentine, omlette, blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes, Thai crab cake and so on.

Mains include a trio of mini burgers, steak (£2 surcharge), fish pie, English breakfast or goats cheese tart.

Desserts available sorbet, apple pie, knickerbocker glory, banana split and chocolate brownie.

All of our food arrived hot, at the same and in a timely manner! Everything arrived as requested too afew of my colleagues asked for certain dishes to be amended to reflect their palates.

Great food, service and overall ambience.

The hotel is opposite the Lyceum theatre which hosts the infamous Lion King production.

I find this very good quality and extremely good value for money and I wi definitely be doing this again.

Lovely as a treat or gift.

Deposit is required for parties over 8 or more people, if under full payment is taken on the day.

Enjoy.