“Olympic Winners”

The Old Ship
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In the heart of Hackney, The Old Ship is a welcoming blend of old world inn and contemporary design. Designed with comfort in mind, the bar area is filled with deep leather sofas and low slung tables where diners can enjoy a glass of wine or a pint of ale before their meal. The menu offers modern British fare and uses seasonal ingredients to create dishes like Sunday roasts, ham hock terrine, and Yorkshire rhubarb crumble. The winning combination of friendly service, relaxing decor and top quality comfort food make The Old Ship the ideal destination for lazy weekend lunches with family and friends.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

As far a north Tribesman on a raid South o' the border it is beholding of me to give immense credit to the staff, chefs and atmosphere of this rare of beasts A 1ST CLASS DINING experience.
I belong to the Oil Kapital o' the North! and have tried different establishments for their cuisine but the food served matches if not betters that experience.
SUPERB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
The Hairy Haggis ,ABERDEEN.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have really enjoyed my dining experiences at The Old Ship

I intend to dine here each time I visit the Hackney Picturehouse. I was so impressed when the manager remembered me on my second visit after a number of weeks had passed.

The food is fantastic, and is far more superior than the prices indicate.

I have a wheat allergy, which was not a problem at all, there is still a good choice and the chef was happy to make a suitable dessert for me; which was not fruit salad or ice cream.

I highly recommend this establishment to all.

1  Thank thecatswhiskas74
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A friendly and genuinely wonderful secret in the heart of Hackney. My wife and enjoyed a great meal (thank you chef) warm atmosphere and a team willing to go the extra mile with exceptional customer service.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great puddings (bakewell tarts and creme brûlée). Big portions on the main but veggie burger not crisp enough and fish and chips had the skin still on under the batter which is a no no for me.
But fab pub, and lovely decor and atmosphere. Would go back.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My daughter booked a table for 4 of us for lunch on Sunday 20th may and my overall view was that the food and the way the staff treated us was first class from start to finish

Also the overall place and the atsmosphere in the ship had a great feel to it which is what i look for when dining out with the family

Really good value for us has well so we would go back to the ship when i vist my Daughter again whom lives in Hackney over next few weeks.