“Williams the master”

Odette's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Odette's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #459 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Welsh
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Nearest Tube Station is Chalk Farm
Description: Odette's Restaurant & Bar is one of London's original dining rooms having opened in 1978, and it is still an acclaimed restaurant now owned by Welsh chef Bryn Williams, set amongst a parade of mid-Victorian shops and cafes in beautiful Primrose Hill. Bryn's modern British menu is an innovative marriage of textures and flavours that reflect his personality and heritage: dishes are created using the finest produce sourced from his native Wales and the rest of the UK. Lunch and dinner is served six days a week (Tuesday to Sunday)in the Odette's split level dining room, walled garden and terraced seating area.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Williams the master”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Just a wonderful chef who like Rick Stein likes the best quality and then goes on to cook something sensational. Undoubtably the best lamb or hogggetI I have ever tasted. A compact but well thought through menu, balnced and very good value.
Willaims is also there and comes and talks to you-definately in my view in the top 10 in London!!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“YOU MUST GO!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went down to Fashion Week with my parents and my Dad makes sure we try a new restaurant every time we are down in London. It is possibly one of the best meals I have had.

I had an absolutely sensational Blueberry Souffle that I crave at least twice a week!

Before going a couple of years ago I didn't know much about it, but I seem to hear people going all the time now and I definitely know why!

If you want an exceptionally good meal in London then you must make a visit, we read about it in the paper and so glad we tried and have been a few times now.

I've been to a good number of restaurants in London, and even those with numerous Michellin stars just haven't compared.

• Visited February 2013
“Great place”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was a really good dining experience for my birthday. Lots of welsh influence and sourced food. The welsh beef was particularly good. Service excellent. A splendid birthday supper. Good luck in Colwyn Bay with the sister restaraunt.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Culinary Treat! A definite place to make time for”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My partner and I went here for my birthday treat. And we loved it. We had the taster menu with wine, and added extra cheese course. I recommend this unreservedly! Every course just got better and better (and it started out delicious from the word go!) The attention to detail in both the food and wine was so so good. The service was great, knowledgable, friendly, all at that perfect balance.

For people not in the area, it may be a bit of a trek to go, but a definite destination and worth the travel. We were welcomed and felt at ease to stay all evening. The only little fault was my aperitif. We were offered a cocktail to start, and the waiter offered the classics after possibly being on the back foot when I asked what the bar could make. I think it would be great for some speciality drinks to have as much thought as the menu and wine obviously do; and the little mistake, was that there was to much alcohol in my cocktail! Now that doesn't happen often, and I imagine many others would have liked it just fine, but it was too strong for me; very quickly they wisked it away and fixed it perfectly.

Back to the food. It was all amazing. Perfect portions for 9 courses, at the end you're just a pinch over that "super full" feeling, where there definitely isn't an ounce more room for anything else and that was all really quite needed with 9 glasses of wine and a cocktail along with the food!

It is a special night out price for most people; we paid for the two taster meals with wine and the extra course, cocktails and 2 bottles of water; £182. A special night price; but complete value for money. And we've seldom paid that much anywhere and been so happy with the experience!

We're still talking about it a month later! It's a definite visit for that special occasion, and we will be back without question.

• Visited October 2013
Cardiff
“Gwych, excellent”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is our 5th visit to Odettes and we weren't disappointed again. It just gets better.
Can't wait to return in July. A great day trip from Cardiff.
Please can Bryn be there next time! Thank you for your hospitality. Great staff, food and company.

1 Thank Welshy60