“Good food, indifferent wine.”

Odette's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Odette's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #611 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Nearest Tube Station is Chalk Farm
Description: Odette's Restaurant & Bar is one of London's original dining rooms having opened in 1978, and it is still an acclaimed restaurant now owned by Welsh chef Bryn Williams, set amongst a parade of mid-Victorian shops and cafes in beautiful Primrose Hill. Bryn's modern British menu is an innovative marriage of textures and flavours that reflect his personality and heritage: dishes are created using the finest produce sourced from his native Wales and the rest of the UK. Lunch and dinner is served six days a week (Tuesday to Sunday)in the Odette's split level dining room, walled garden and terraced seating area.
Le Tignet, France
“Good food, indifferent wine.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This comfortable restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere. The food is undoubtedly good, perhaps even very good but it's not really memorable. Its only been a week ago that we had dinner there but I cant really remember what we ate! I think at the prices they charge, (£50 + service for the six course tasting menu) it ought to provoke more memories as other restaurants have done.

However, the real disappointment was the wine. You can order a wine to go with each course which brings the price up to £80 for the tasting menu. The quality of wine was distinctly poor and some of the wines did not really match the dishes they accompanied. Looking at the (separate) wine list left me thinking it was not terribly well selected and, I suspect, chosen on price and opportunities for substantial mark up rather than quality.

England
“my number 1”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have been seeking out good restaurants for a while and was very impressed by this little gem. I was drawn to the Odette by the very reasonable priced tasting menu £50 (£80 with wine). On our last few visits to London I have been fed up paying over the odds. The menu was exciting, food delicious and the service and atmosphere 10/10. I would most defiantly recommend this restaurant as a must try if you want to taste good food in a restaurant with some atmosphere and life.

Visited June 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Only a matter of time”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Odette's for the fifth time in the past year and have never seen a drop in either the quality of the food or courtesy of the staff. Although the menu is short it never fails to impress. So many chefs now talk about "sourcing the best produce possible and letting it speak for itself". At Odette's, Bryn Williams and his team seem to combine the finest ingredients with just enough extra tastes to enhance them and not complicate things. My advice........book now as it's only a matter of time before he gets his first Michelin star.

Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Saturday lunch”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friend, a great cook herself, with very high standards for food, was coming up from Paris to meet me for lunch yesterday. After considerable thought, I booked us into Odette's.

Lunch was a great success. My friend said it best in her thank you email:

"Lunch was simply perfect--I keep thinking about it, and cannot decide whether I enjoyed the fish (lemon sole) more than the Chilean sauvignon blanc (Los Picos), or vice versa. With respect to the fish, I do not have even the remotest hope of trying to duplicate the quality. It was grilled perfectly, without being dry, a technique that I cannot even begin to aspire to in my kitchen. This is precisely what I seek in a restaurant--something that I cannot duplicate at home. It's my whole purpose for spending money to go out. In this case, I spent YOUR money, and I thank you for this lovely experience. It really does mean a lot to me, as I adore cooking, and appreciate what professional chefs are able to accomplish above-and-beyond my greatest efforts."

I had the roasted cod, which was also terrific.

The service was very attentive but not at all intrusive.

Kirkby Stephen, United Kingdom
“What an incredible find”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This small, quite unassuming restaurant in Primrose Hill has everything going for it: location, ambiance, good menu and great wine list.
But it is the sheer quality of the cooking that makes this simply one of the best restaurant meals we have ever enjoyed and at an exceptionally reasonable price. If you are in London it's worth the short trip north from the West End to this delightful village on the edge of Regent's Park. You won't be disappointed and you certainly won't feel ripped off.