“A Little Tired”

Odette's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Odette's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #588 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Nearest Tube Station is Chalk Farm
Description: Odette's Restaurant & Bar is one of London's original dining rooms having opened in 1978, and it is still an acclaimed restaurant now owned by Welsh chef Bryn Williams, set amongst a parade of mid-Victorian shops and cafes in beautiful Primrose Hill. Bryn's modern British menu is an innovative marriage of textures and flavours that reflect his personality and heritage: dishes are created using the finest produce sourced from his native Wales and the rest of the UK. Lunch and dinner is served six days a week (Tuesday to Sunday)in the Odette's split level dining room, walled garden and terraced seating area.
London, United Kingdom
“A Little Tired”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Odette's has been a mainstay restaurant for the local community for many years. For much time it was oddly decorated but it seemed to work.
Bryn Williams was a welcome buyer bringing to the restaurant his flair on British fare. However, this visit for me - 2 years since my last - was disappointing.
A redecoration has occured throwing the entire establishment into a sort of greenish hue with abstract grey/black painting looming over. The atmosphere and style of service is decidedly 70's retro Italian. In fact the staff seemed somewhat 'bored'.
The lunchtime clientele was grey market and each was housed (as restaurants do) so that it looked 'full' to passers by.
Known customers were greeted well and were sat at the more comfortable tables.
Menu seemed much the same as 2 years ago in it's feel. Nothing wrong with the food but nothing exceptional either. I had celeriac, crispy duck egg (with perfectly soft interior), pickled mushrooms and deep fried shallot rings. My main was beef cheek. My associate had the 'sausage' roll which was, in reality, a brioche styled pastry case shaped like a mushroom, filled with sausage meat. The main was roast pheasant. Whilst both meals tasted fine they were slightly cold and looked very tired. We finished with the raspberry souflee which, in truth, was a little cakey. Not as light as it should have been.
Wine list needs revamping and the Bellini's are far too sweet - for £8 a glass I expect to taste the wine! Needs a great overhaul of ambiance, staff attitude and menu.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Cheryl G

Lapworth, United Kingdom
“A Real Find”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Saw this restaurant in the Daily Telegraph's booklet "150 of the best restaurants in the UK". Thank you DT! As we were staying in Marylebone last Thursday evening, we thought we would give it a try for dinner.

We were made welcome from the start. My wife had partially lost her voice so we were offered a table downstairs - much quieter if slightly lacking the buzz upstairs, but absolutely perfect for us. Not many UK bars can make a good apple martini but Odette's abliged, and my gin martini wasn't half bad either.

We weren't sure about the choice of wine, with a Scicilian white appealing from the wine list. Without asking, half a glass appeared to try. In the event we opted for a South African chenin blanc - no problem.

Onto the food. My starter of wood pigeon, foie gras, etc, etc was from the Gods. Wouldn't have been out of place in a 3 star Michelin. Then onto Dover soles, beautifully prepared and presented followed by a gargantuan slice of pear tarte tatin and some pistachio cake. Couldn't fault any of it. And great service - top ups of wine appeared at just the right moment without fuss and the bill (that great challenge to obtain in UK restaurants) appeared instantly we requested it.

If I am being really picky, the menu choice could have been a couple of items longer for each course, but only if that doesn't spoil the fantastic quality.

Very much worth the trip to Regents Park - and you can envy the fine residences on the way.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited with some friends for Sunday lunch: we all the 2 course fixed price menu and we all found it very enjoyable Service was attentive without being obtrusive. We've been before and we'll go again as the place always lives up to expectations.

Wrightington, United Kingdom
“Wonderful from start to finish”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Visited for Sunday lunch and from the service to the fantastic food it was great. We will certainly return here when next in London. We were told Bryn wasn't in the kitchen on the day we were there, so top marks to the head chef on the day. The crayfish lasagne was absolutely amazing, I could have eaten it again and again, and possibly again. The salmon main with risotto was delicious, and as for the blackberry souffle, well, it was the best souffle either of us have ever tasted. This is one of those places that makes you wish you lived down the road.

1 Thank rOjU_10
London
“Pleasantly surprised and a fantastic meal”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had a really poor lunch here a few years back and went back earlier this year when I heard a new chef had taken over. I had what can only be described as one of the more bizarre dining experiences of my life and walked out before our starters (this was due to service and not food). I was kindly invited back by the management and ate here on Friday as I really wanted this place to be great given the strange lack of top quality restaurants in and around NW London. In short the meal was excellent and the staff friendly and attentive. I would recommend requesting a table at the front of the restaurant as I feel the back part feels a little ‘away from the main event’. I didn't have a pudding as had eaten a large lunch already so can’t comment on that but my crayfish lasagne and beef main were superb. I’ll definitely be going back.