“Five stars for Fish&Chips? Well, yes”

North Sea Fish Restaurant
Ranked #333 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Excellent batter, 12 or so varieties of fish to choose form as well as classic sides and quite good grilled sardines. Service good. It is rather pricey for a meal usually served in newspaper wrap so there's that

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Crispy light batter, beautifully golden fries, marshy peas, secret recipe tartar sauce; this place has it. Fish variety is surprisingly large. Sides of Spinach and brussle sprouts available. Black current sorbet is a perfect ending.
I had brussle sprouts and the sardine starter with tea. My husband had fried haddock and chips and mushy peas. We split the sorbet. Total was £28. The to go prices are much less. You can order the jumbo fish and they will bake, not bread and fry it.

1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Being from Yorkshire,I'm used to fantastic fish and chips,eaten out of newspaper or in fantastic cafés and restaurants.
This is now my all time favourite,fried or grilled,lots of choices of fresh fish,fantastic chips,great service,reasonable price,for the highest quality fish and chips.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The day we went in August it was raining, which was fitting for London. There was only one other couple in the restaurant. We got a window seat. We ordered Fish and Chips and it was very good. Service was excellent. I was expecting more. Although it was good I have had better Fish and Chips in Canada. The desert was OK. For the price I am not sure if we would go back.

We found the food in London was OK - not really too special.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had read an article listing this restaurant as the third best fish and chips in London. It was the closest to us so we decided to give it a go. I checked the website beforehand but it didn't load - if I'd seen the prices I might have suggested we go elsewhere. It was delicious and a nice quiet spot for lunch on a rainy day but it was overpriced compared to the other options for the same food. We found the service to be slightly lacking but as soon as we approached the bar with a request it was fulfilled right away.