“Wish I could bring this place home!”

North Sea Fish Restaurant
Ranked #362 of 23,228 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had the grilled halibut for £17, which is expensive, but the best I have ever had. It was so tender. Interesting that it's cooked with the bones. No beer on tap was disappointing. The tiramisu for £4 was excellent and the tax is included in the meal. I would definitely recommend this place near King's Cross. Next time, I'll try the other potato choice, instead of chips.

There are newer reviews for North Sea Fish Restaurant

Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you're looking for the ultimate fish & chips place in London, this is it. The best Fish & Chips I've ever had. They have a very nice restaurant, but they also have a take away counter as well. We had lunch here one day and I wish we could have eaten here several more times. Wonderful!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Brits overcook their fish. Period. A dry flake is apparently the way they like it. Having said that, I still enjoyed my dinner here very much.

The deep-fried prawns with sweet/spicy dipping sauce were perfectly cooked, hot, crispy, and delicious.

The grilled sea bass with cream/scallion sauce, despite the slight overcook, was lovely, and paired well with the wine I chose.

The atmosphere is casual, and friendly, and I made a same-day reservation with no trouble (they advised it when I stopped in earlier in the day, but it probably wasn't necessary). I recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This superb fish restaurant in the Bloomsbury section of London features large portions of marvelous fried and broiled fish. When I ordered the lemon sole prepared fried, my server steered me toward the broiled version, and she was absolutely right. My husband ordered the fried haddock, we shared, both dishes were incredibly good. Next time in London, you can bet we'll have a meal at North Sea.

1  Thank Devorah33851
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you want to eat fish, don't hesitate to go to this restaurant. You will have choice on several fishes. These are fresh and you will not be hungry after supper. A light salad is recommended.

1  Thank anne_marie188644