“The chef have to try more”
Review of Moro Restaurant

Moro Restaurant
Ranked #887 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: It might be one of the hippest venues in one of the hippest parts of the capital but this Clerkenwell restaurant still manages to be relaxed and more concerned with good food than being trendy. The restaurant’s décor with its polished wooden floors, long zinc bar and open view to the kitchen and its charcoal grill and wood-burning oven is functional but welcoming. The Moorish cuisine complete with subtle European influence is every bit as striking as it was when the restaurant opened its doors nearly ten years ago. Tapas served all day at the bar. Reservations taken by phone and directly from our website.PLEASE NOTE - Moro restaurant is now open seven days a week. Please refer to our website for correct opening hours
Larisa, Greece
“The chef have to try more”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't know how the clients(it was full) pay to eat in this restaurant, which I was visited after reccomendation. I tried five plates of the menu among them and grilled lamp(what more simply than that?) with mixed salad.It was untasty at all! I think the chef must to qualified on more palate experiences.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank karatsi2

• Polish first
“Amazing Service & Food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The service, food and atmosphere in this restaurant were superb on a visit last night for my mum's birthday. From the moment we walked in they made us feel like valued and special customers. Having always wanted to go there, we weren't disappointed and it lives up to the reviews.

Dublin
“To Moro To Moro, I love Ya, To Moro .....!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Every time I head towards Moro Restaurant in Clerkenwell, I feel the urge to wave my arms and sing like a Broadway hopeful - yes, that's how much I look forward to lunch or dinner there. So when we snagged an outside table for lunch on a sunny afternoon last week, hubby and I felt inordinately pleased. There is always a buzz at Moro and staff are well informed and appear to genuinely love the food themselves. On our most recent visit, we tried tasting samples of 3 dry sherries and 3 somewhat sweeter sherries (a great way to enjoy a variety of sherries at £7 and £12 respectively) to accompany our food. A special treat was sea bass cooked in the wood burning ovens. The flavours are clean and exciting across all the dishes and sides are excellent too. However, while I am not usually a big fan of dessert, there is one dessert in Moro that I regard as most heavenly! It's the rose and cardamom ice cream - and this is one ice cream that I think you will either try once and want to eat every day for the rest of your life or alternatively (like my hubby), you will put your spoon down after one mouthful and say - "interesting flavour - where's the chocolate cake?" The fragrance and perfumey flavour of this luscious ice cream makes me close my eyes and (in my head) sing arias ... be sure to try it! For as long as Moro keeps turning out exquisite food at this Moorish Mecca in Clerkenwell, I will be a devotee!

London, United Kingdom
“Interesting but left feeling hungry”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Interesting food, shame about the portion sizes. The tapas looked good, shame you couldn't have it at the table, which was a la carte only

Visited May 2013
“Everyone must go!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is the first review I have ever left for a restaurant and felt that I just had to. With only two of us there to eat we had a fantastic time. The food was excellent as was the wine to compliment it. Perfect portion sizes and no excessive waiting between courses despite how busy and bustling the place was. What really made the night for me was our Waitress - Peer (I hope I have spelt that right). Not only was she friendly, helpful and attentive when it came to choosing the food and wine, she ensured the meal was perfect for the two of us and topped it off with a free dessert as it was my birthday. I will be recommending this place to everyone and will certainly be going back there!
Thank you for such a great birthday meal Moro!