“A special treat”
Review of Moro Restaurant

Moro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,787 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: It might be one of the hippest venues in one of the hippest parts of the capital but this Clerkenwell restaurant still manages to be relaxed and more concerned with good food than being trendy. The restaurant’s décor with its polished wooden floors, long zinc bar and open view to the kitchen and its charcoal grill and wood-burning oven is functional but welcoming. The Moorish cuisine complete with subtle European influence is every bit as striking as it was when the restaurant opened its doors nearly ten years ago. Tapas served all day at the bar. Reservations taken by phone and directly from our website.PLEASE NOTE - Moro restaurant is now open seven days a week. Please refer to our website for correct opening hours
Reviewed March 27, 2013

i visited here with my wife to celebrate our pearpl wedding anniversary before going to a show at sadlers Wells theatre. It was a superb dining experience. the food is top quality and every dishthat we ordered was outstanding. my wife ha a turkish pasta dish, followed by sea bass and then a really light chocolate tart. I had scallops with wilted Mon's beard, folowed by Sea Bream with beetroot pilav and then a cheese platter. The scallops were perfectly cooke, seared on te outside but meltingly soft in the middle and the monk's beard and dressing had a lovely balance of sweet and sour flavours that made a perfect partner. the sea bream was also perfectly cooked, moist and tender and the beetroot pilav was bursting with flavour. The waiting staff were very knowledgable of both the menu and the wine list and helped us select a very good bottle of white wine to accompany our fish.

The bill, for three courses each, plus wine, aperifives, digestives, coffee and 12.5% service charge was £176, which isn't the cheapest but we both felt we had had good value considering the quality of the food and drinks we enjoyed. i would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and their cook books as well.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited here for lunch recently after an absence of a few years and despite all the hype I have never really found it to be one of my favourite London restaurants. On this visit I was pleasantly surprised, the room looked more airy and the tables seemed less cramped. It is not the place for an intimate lunch conversation since it has a bustling atmosphere, The service is good overall. We found the food greatly improved on our last visit with our starters and main courses being excellent. We found the desserts less so and would give them a miss next time. Interestingly we didn't rate the desserts on our previous visit either. I don't think this restaurant has a particular wow factor, maybe that time has passed, but you will have interesting and varied cuisine. Worth a try.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My favourite restaurant in London. Have been here a few times and the quality of the food is exceptional. The wine list is also excellent, and far more extensive than you might initially expect.

It can get a noisy when it's full (which is basically always) but oddly this doesn't spoil the atmosphere or become intrusive.

The level of service is first-rate. I went here on a date several years back and the waitress provided the best service I have ever enjoyed in any restaurant anywhere in the world: a true professional.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is a bit difficult writing a review of an icon--and Moro seems to have become one. So I always read the "terrible" and "poor" reviews first to try to understand where these unhappy people "are coming from". The majority of these reviews for this iconic restaurant in Exmouth Market seem to be from people who were the unlucky ones who happened to have caught the place on "a bad night"--nothing/noone is perfect and occasional slip-ups do happen.

OUR experience (on the three times we have visited, most recently 19 March, for my daughter's birthday dinner) was absolutely SUPER! ( My daughter has often wondered why, when she cooks dishes at home from the Moro Cookbook, they don't have the "Wow Factor" that they DO when we eat here). We had phoned ahead at short notice and been offerred a table from 7-9 p.m. and we duly arrived at 7 p.m. on the dot (when I let slip, to my daughter's embarrassment, that it was her birthday) and were immediately shown to our table. On this occasion, every forkful of the dishes we were served was interesting, delicious and "Wow-factor-ish". Wine, their "special of the month", a "new style " Marques de Murietta Gran Reserva Rioja, was REALLY GOOD and, for London, a great bargain. My daughter was too full to want dessert, but my rum-raison ice-cream came with a birthday candle (the lovely fellow who greeted us having obviously remembered my comment and told our waitress?)!!

So what can I say?? After so many bland, boring, tastless and expensive meals elsewhere in London over the years, THIS evening at THIS restaurant was MORE THAN WORTH what we paid!!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wasn't aware how trendy the place is till I tried to book a table, which turned out to be next to impossible; nevertheless, we have managed to get a table for an early diner and it was really worth it. Delicious, fresh and imaginative Mediterranean cuisine (with strong Spanish influences) - we got a very tasty lentil, beans and coriander soup, a raw artichokes - feta - orange - fennel salad and excellent mezzo of vegetable starters : it was meant to be a light diner, so it worked perfectly and extensive list of mainly Spanish wines makes it even better. It is not a tapas place (although they have a tapas place next door called Morito) but a very good Spanish-inspired restaurant.
Order stuff to share, so you will be able to try more.