“Always worth a visit”

Moro Restaurant
Ranked #765 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: It might be one of the hippest venues in one of the hippest parts of the capital but this Clerkenwell restaurant still manages to be relaxed and more concerned with good food than being trendy. The restaurant’s décor with its polished wooden floors, long zinc bar and open view to the kitchen and its charcoal grill and wood-burning oven is functional but welcoming. The Moorish cuisine complete with subtle European influence is every bit as striking as it was when the restaurant opened its doors nearly ten years ago. Tapas served all day at the bar. Reservations taken by phone and directly from our website.PLEASE NOTE - Moro restaurant is now open seven days a week. Please refer to our website for correct opening hours
“Always worth a visit”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Moro is one of my favourites but it took me 2 years to go back there. I rejoiced when I did. I had the duck salad which was great if a little salty. The main was the grilled lamb (pink) which was very delicious and the portion big enough to indulge but not gorge. The atmosphere is great and the service is good as well. I will definitely go back and this time I will make sure that it won't take 2 years to do so. My advice - go for the lamb.

• Polish first
Great Milton, United Kingdom
“Expect surprises not on the menu!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Legendary restaurant in great location and ideally decorated. Three of us enjoyed a bottle of the house white which was well described by the waitress and one ate a mixed vegetable mezze and the other two ordered the bream with sweet peppers and aubergine which came with chickpeas!
We commented that this was a bit unexpected to be told the restaurant like to surprise. Personally I'd have been happy without the surprise as whole chickpeas are not a favourite but as the manager then brought over plate of extra aubergine with tomato that seemed fair.
I asked for the bream to be filleted. This was agreed to but we thought it strange that it came with the proviso that therefore the fish would not therefore be hot.

So although we had a good time I won't rush back, the bill came to £81.56 as 12.5% service is added by the restaurant.

Visited October 2012
Malmo, Sweden
“Great restaurant, stellar concept”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Several years ago, my wife and I had many reasons to constantly visit London. Returning now, with ten years of reasons for not having done so, we were eager to check up on things. On the list were Carluccio and Moro, restaurants we have kept alive through their cooking books. Our findings: forget about Antonio Carluccio, he has wandered off into the alleys of commercialism with a chain of I-know-what, while Moro feels like welcome back. Still in Exmouth Market, still taking care of customers and still cooking as if not everyone is talking about them. And, well yes, noisy when filled. That is Moro. Welcoming, no empire, no celebrity, just marvellous food with a Morish touch (Mediterranean, that is) which you would dream of making at home; and even do, thanks to their cooking books. And remember, Exmouth Market is central London; it just happens to be off the tube lines. Buses 19 and 38 will take you there pronto.

UK
“Nice to try something different”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We enjoyed dinner here and were seated in 'the alcove' which was quieter than the main restaurant which we noticed was very noisy when filled with diners. The choice of food was a breath of fresh air, innovative and different. It was also well cooked and delicious. The service was prompt and friendly and we did not feel rushed or pressured. So nice not being told 'you can have the table for 2hours' which is so common now. It is quite expensive but London restaurants are.

Londonuk
“Poor staff attitude and food ok”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Its rare for me to write a bad review - guess times are changing!
Recently wondered into Moro on a very wet weekday evening. The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived. Only to be welcomed!! by the guy on reservations who seem more interested in our umbrellas dripping water on the floor. He asked whether we had a reservation, when we said no he looked puzzled and launched into you can sit at the bar without checking if he had a table free or asking us whether we could be vacate the table by a certain time (actual we only wanted a quick meal and then onto theatre). Finally we got shown to a table only after he insisting we leave our umbrellas by the door - later I saw several large child buggies being rolled around the restaurant he didn't ask them to be left at the door, funny that. He was just rude and a reflection on a popular restaurant that just completely up itself. Before I had chance to sit down, relax, take of my coat the waitress was asking whether I wanted water " I replied can I sit down first" the food was usual Moro style and arrived in a short time. At least we got the right order... unlike the table next to us. Like a previous review on TA its well passed it sell by date and living on reputation. Its very expensive for what you get