“Excellent meal gd value gd time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moro Restaurant

Moro Restaurant
Ranked #685 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: It might be one of the hippest venues in one of the hippest parts of the capital but this Clerkenwell restaurant still manages to be relaxed and more concerned with good food than being trendy. The restaurant’s décor with its polished wooden floors, long zinc bar and open view to the kitchen and its charcoal grill and wood-burning oven is functional but welcoming. The Moorish cuisine complete with subtle European influence is every bit as striking as it was when the restaurant opened its doors nearly ten years ago. Tapas served all day at the bar. Reservations taken by phone and directly from our website.PLEASE NOTE - Moro restaurant is now open seven days a week. Please refer to our website for correct opening hours
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal gd value gd time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Was hard to book a table @ 1st but lucky eventually advise book a week ahead.
Service very good throughout, friendly knowledgable staff. Atmosphere warm & pleasant with space and open feel throughout.
Food very good, with moorish combinations which were seasonal n varied selections. Went 4 Spanish black pudding 2 start very tasty n bream was perfect n braised chard fantastic. Ended with yogurt cake which was light n refreshing.
Real gd value for 4 @ £180 with 3 courses n drinks.
Would def return , good evening and g8 meal

• Polish first
France
“Go to Moro...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

It is advisable to book well in advance for table at Moro or if you simply turn up after 21.30hrs you may be lucky. If a table is not available then find a space at the long zinc bar where you can enjoy wine and tapas the whole evening. The is both exceptional and unusual. You might find almond soup among the starters yet there are absolute favourites such as roast pork belly with chestnuts and the fish is excellent. The menu changes with the seasons and is always accompanied by bread baked on the premises in the open kitchen which spans the full width of the restaurant area and offers a great view of busy chefs at work. The restaurant has high ceilings which gives a pleasant airiness across the floor of tables which are sufficiently well spaced for comfort. The sensation is one where everyone seems united in thoroughly enjoying this Moorish eating experience. Remember to buy copies of the cookbooks before you leave - you will be glad you did!

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank avoiretetre
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best meal I have had firca long time. - a real wiw”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Awesome. And simply superb. I am going to go again and again

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stick to the starters and main courses here - both very good. Desserts weren't to my liking though and my girlfriends yoghurt cake seemed to just be a big dollop of yoghurt that was fairly strange tasting and definately not worth £7 - can't for the life of me see how they can call it a cake.....

all in all decent food but probably overpriced for what it is.

Visited September 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent: fantastic food, well priced, well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Ate here with my wife and a group of 8 friends; I've had the Moro cookbook for years and have wanted to try the restaurant for almost as long but have never got around to it until now.

Our group arrived in drips and drabs which I was worried would cause problems but the waitress was fine with it and brought us bread, olives, water and our drinks order while we waited. The bread was a bit doughy but still tasty and the olive oil that was served with it was excellent as were the olives.

I had the quail in flatbread to start which looks like a little quail pasty. It was a delight to eat, the pine nut, lemon and thyme dressing adding a wonderful zing to the dish. A couple of my friends tried the squid which got enthusiastic reviews from them and my wife had the salted tuna which she also very much enjoyed.

For mains half the table went for the lamb (as did I) which was actually astonishingly light, the rocket and roasted vegetables lifting the texture of the juicy pink lamb. My only criticism of the dish is that not being a Londoner, I really don't have anything against carbs and would have liked to have seen some on the plate. That said, I still really enjoyed it. One of my friends went for the pork which was fantastic as was the wood roasted chicken which my wife had. A couple of other friends had fish which the both said they enjoyed.

For dessert most of us went for the cheese selection which is served with a homemade, giant water biscuit. There wasn't quite enough biscuit for me but again I love my carbs and everyone else seemed to cope ok. The cheeses were excellent and a good mix of soft, blue and hard cheese. My wife had the cardamom and rose water ice cream which tasted amazing (I actually wish I'd had that after tasting it) and a couple of people were too stuffed to eat any more!

After that we had coffees, settled up and headed over the road to kick-it for some table football and a few more drinks.

All-in-all a fantastic evening, really great food, good service and couldn't really fault it. I was equally impressed with the price. Given how long you have to wait to get a table (we waited 8 weeks for a table for 9) I'd have thought that they'd charge more (I've been to many less famous restaurants that charge more) not that I'm complaining of course, we had bread, olives, 3 courses, coffees and enough wine to kill an elephant and it was still only £60 each - a bargain in my book.

• Visited October 2011