“Secret Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mildreds
Ranked #295 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Mildreds, established in 1988, serves internationally inspired vegetarian food, all of which is made daily on the premises. Catering for vegetarians, yet popular with omnivores, Mildreds offers friendly informal service in a lively atmosphere coupled with excellent value for money. We use organic ingredients where possible and endeavor to source small businesses for our supplies. Our beautiful wood paneled dining room is available for party bookings Monday to Saturday, with a maximum capacity for 14 people.We do not take bookings in the restaurant but you may enjoy a drink or cocktail at the bar whilst waiting for your table. If you want to avoid waiting please come after 9.30.
London
“Secret Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place! 4 of us went for dinner last night and had a quick drink at the bar while we waited for our table. We were taken to a room upstairs where we shared the table with 2 other groups of people but that just added to the charm!

The food was delicious. Halloumi to start and the Porcini mushroom and ale pie for main. Gorgeous.

Even if you aren't vegetarian this menu is fab and I will definitely go back!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
“Oh My Gosh! Best Veggie Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

It is a tiny, compact restaurant but you don't feel crowded and you can still manage a conversation. It gets VERY busy at dinner but worth the wait. The food is amazing! I had the veggie burger that was a mixture of lentils, tofu and it had amazing flavor. My husband had the curry and sweet potatoes...DELICIOUS! We went back two more times and had the burrito and the mashed potatoes and sausages. I could eat here every day. The staff is fast, friendly and accommodating. I wish they had vegetarian restaurants like this in Austin.

Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food but expect to wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

For vegetarians and vegans Mildred's is a true delight. The food is good hearty meals where the staff can tell you exactly what's in it.

Value for money is great but expect to wait for a table (lunch and especially dinner). You can have a drink while you're waiting and I've never had to wait too long.

Would highly recommend to all vegetarian or not!

• Visited April 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Was persuaded to go here by 2 veggie friends who live in London. I was somewhat reluctant until stepping foot inside this quirky little eatery. It was absolutely rammed, we waited about 20 minutes for a table before being showed to a little room upstairs where it was a bit quieter but still atmospheric. We all had either the halloumi burger or the burger of the day with the BEST sweet potato fries I've ever tasted. Beers/cocktails were good and desserts amazing too! Incredibly reasonably priced for great food in soho. I'll definitely be returning!

London, United Kingdom
“6-star service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

It was my vegetarian son's birthday so I thought I would give him a treat.
For Starter we had delicious and authentic Gyoza dumplings and mock duck spring roll which we loved.
But for main course, I had a burrito which was slightly too spicy.
And for desert, my son had a sticky toffee pudding which the staff kindly put a candle in.
Great, swift service,great original veggi food, and extremely nice staff.

• Visited January 2014