“My new favourite restaurant!”
Review of Mildreds

Mildreds
Ranked #380 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Mildreds, established in 1988, serves internationally inspired vegetarian food, all of which is made daily on the premises. Catering for vegetarians, yet popular with omnivores, Mildreds offers friendly informal service in a lively atmosphere coupled with excellent value for money. We use organic ingredients where possible and endeavor to source small businesses for our supplies. Our beautiful wood paneled dining room is available for party bookings Monday to Saturday, with a maximum capacity for 14 people.We do not take bookings in the restaurant but you may enjoy a drink or cocktail at the bar whilst waiting for your table. If you want to avoid waiting please come after 9.30.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

On our first visit to Mildred's we were put off by the size of the queue and in our impatience, gave up. Having trawled the streets of Soho for an hour or so we realised we had our heart set on Mildred's, so returned and were promptly seated by the friendly waiter who remembered us from earlier. The experience was truly worth the wait, from the great selection of starters, to the delicious burger of the day and finally the peanut butter chocolate brownie, which as other reviewers have commented is 'to die for'. The atmosphere is friendly and informal, great for a casual Friday night dinner. On our second visit we ordered exactly the same as the first and enjoyed it just as much! Equally good to visit just for the dessert, even with non-vegan friends. This will certainly not be our last visit.

2  Thank Gem_N1985

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My daughter is pescatairan so we eat at Mildred's often when I visit her in London. I had the ravioli with red pepper sauce absolutely delicious. Service is always friendly and at a good speed. Would recommend to all.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited Mildred's for a 40th birthday party.

Staff were friendly without being over bearing. We had a private room as we had a large party, which had an docking station so that you could play your own music which was a nice touch.

For starters I had pan fried halloumi which was absolutely delicious.

For mains I went for the stir fried Asian vegetables which was very nice, with the exception of the brown rice which was somewhat undercooked.

Unfortunately the restaurant ran out of Budweiser Budvar after just two rounds, which meant we had to drink Daas blonde, which ran out after one round, and then Freedom organic. Disappointing for a restaurant in London on a Friday night!

I have to say that Daas blonde and Freedom organic are an acquired taste.

Reasonably priced for a restaurant in Soho

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Been going to Mildred's for years but hadn't been for a LNG time until yesterday. Pretty disappointed. Very average food. Clearly had been microwaved. And nearly £10 for some cashew nuts, butternut squash, rice, peas and curry sauce is, I'm sorry to say, a rip off....even in central London. Won't be going back.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food here is always great and well presented, even when they're super busy (which they almost always are) The only downside for me is the atmosphere in the evenings as it's rushed & manic. My partner and I came for our anniversary but couldn't hear each other to talk. Don't come here for a quiet, relaxing meal - it's more of a pre-night out place.

PS - The chocolate peanut butter vegan brownie is the best thing I have ever tasted. So moist and delicious, truly impressed.

1  Thank Whinifred