“Yummy veggie food even for meat eaters”
Review of Mildreds

Mildreds
Ranked #372 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Mildreds, established in 1988, serves internationally inspired vegetarian food, all of which is made daily on the premises. Catering for vegetarians, yet popular with omnivores, Mildreds offers friendly informal service in a lively atmosphere coupled with excellent value for money. We use organic ingredients where possible and endeavor to source small businesses for our supplies. Our beautiful wood paneled dining room is available for party bookings Monday to Saturday, with a maximum capacity for 14 people.We do not take bookings in the restaurant but you may enjoy a drink or cocktail at the bar whilst waiting for your table. If you want to avoid waiting please come after 9.30.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very popular restaurant, you can't book so gets very packed . You can have a drink from the very small bar while waiting . theres a great wine list , even serving lovely cocktails. Favourites dishes are sweet potato curry , haloumi ,spinach and tomato followed by many delicious desserts.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,827)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you a freak like me (gluten intolerant / awkward so and so) then this place is perfect. If you are a vegetarian or a vegan then this place is perfect for you. If you are a meat-eater then this place is perfect for you - who needs meat when the food is this good.

Simple layout, simple menus, well described food, well-timed delivery, well-tasty food (eg asian stir fry with Tofu and nuts and things) well well well well well (5 holes in the ground)

Price is good too - above dish is £9 and that's about average - starters all about £6 - all nice and interesting though.

Best thing is that it is off the beaten track (yet just off Wardour Street)

It is very popular and booking's not allowed so be prepared to wait - It's worth it.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a really relaxed restaurant in Soho. The food is absolutely amazing, and the wines are fantastic! A must for any vegetarian and non-vegetarian alike!
Service is great and the staff are really friendly.
My absolute favourite restaurant!!!
My only warning would be if you were going with Children and they offer you an upstairs table - go and check out the pictures on the wall first - they are based in Soho and the upstairs decor reflects this!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great food and excellent service. I had the vege burger and chips which was delicious. I was on my lunch break so they made sure my meal was cooked as quick as possible, which was. Excellent service!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife has been a lacto/ovo for over 30 years now, but me, well I’m kind of the opposite. Each year instead of buying each other Christmas presents we go to London for a slap up meal. My wife is always happy to let me choose chose the restaurant, and pay! When I ask her what food she wants the reply is always replies the same “Anything, I’m sure I’ll find something on the menu I’ll like”. This year I thought I’d choose a vegetarian restaurant so our roles would be reversed and it was me left looking for something on the menu I’d like. Our first impressions was that it was that Mildreds is a single room retro-chic (think 1980’s habitat) café rather than restaurant. But the staff were friendly enough and settled us in without fuss. I started with the warm beetroot salad which was served with baby leaves, balsamic, hazelnuts and feta cheese. It was excellent. Then I moved on to the burger of the day which was a substantial affair, spicy, filling and very tasty. I chose the chips served with ketchup with chipotle. Stunning. My wife chose hummous and babaganoush with chilli oil and chargrilled flat bread, followed by buffalo mozzarella, green pea, basil, mint and saffron risotto cake served with chargrilled pepper and courgette and creamy red pepper sauce. It merited a WOW, from my wife. We were both really tempted by the desert menu but neither of us had room. The bill, including a glass of white peach Bellini each came to less than £50 including the 12.5% service charge. So great food, great value, great service. The last three years have seen us clock up six Michelin stars. The excellent food has been excellent albeit at a cost of more than £100 a head. But honestly, I don’t think we’ve had a more relaxed, enjoyable, or downright satisfying meal. It’s almost enough to turn me veggie. Almost!