“great food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Mehek on London Wall is a slick and sophisticated Indian restaurant, popular with city slickers and curry connoisseurs alike. Featured in the Top 100 Best in Britain Real Curry Restaurant Guide; Mehek's menu is based on real Indian food - with plenty of delicate spices and no artificial colourings. Head chef Ashok Kumar, formerly of the award-winning Tamarind restaurant, created the menus with none other than Atul Kochhar, one of Britain’s top Indian chefs and one of only two currently holding a coveted Michelin star. Beat that! We highly recommend the Ak-bari lamb shank - a deliciously flavoursome dish, with hints of cinnamon. Mehek, which means "fragrance" so the owner tells us, truly is a treat for your senses
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Found this restaurant while exploring London, saw that it had lots of awards so i gave it a go! The inside was very impressive and put me at ease immediately . . . a nice atmosphere . .i was shown to a nice table and was attended to straight away. The food was served quick and was very tasty . . . also i was not rushed . . so i took my time to enjoy it. The portions were of suitable size and cooked to a high skill level. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal and was just what i wanted. In conversation with the waiter he advised me of local attractions and gave me directions how to get there. All in all a very pleasing place to eat, service and staff were most helpful. I would advise anyone to go there . . . I will be returning for sure.

2  Thank s6boy

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We were dinning in group for a office Christmas party, The ambience was good, However I was shocked to see when the starters were served, too small portions,

This led us to order more quantity as this was not sufficient for the whole team. When the main course was served this too was very small portions. The pricing is too expensive. The taste of the food was below average not at all Indian speciality it is more of over statement.

1  Thank Janu2525
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is a very busy lunchtime restaurant and deservedly so. The food is pretty good albeit not award winning but more than fit for purpose. The staff are friendly and the food arrives quite quickly, though it helps to arrive fairly early. I'd certainly go there again if I needed lunch it that city location. Some tables are probably quite noisy, though we had a table near the front and away from the hubub. An excellent restaurant selection by my colleague.Total cost of mains with naan bread and two large beers including tip £51.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's difficult to compare one Indian restaurant with any other in London. We generally eat at Mehek as part of a work function, or when working late as it's conveniently located. The food is good (not great), and the portions are just sufficient to ensure you don't overeat. The chefs specials are generally worth considering, although one special has disappointed in the past. I would go back, purely because it's conveniently in the area. This is not a destination restaurant, however.

1  Thank Grant H
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took a group of 10+ for lunch here. The food was great, the waiters were attentive, the naan baskets were magically refilled. Plenty of food and overall I thought the food was prepared well. Our guests were not familiar with Indian food, but the quite enjoyed it all.