“Okay for a quick curry”
Review of Mehek Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Mehek Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Mehek on London Wall is a slick and sophisticated Indian restaurant, popular with city slickers and curry connoisseurs alike. Featured in the Top 100 Best in Britain Real Curry Restaurant Guide; Mehek's menu is based on real Indian food - with plenty of delicate spices and no artificial colourings. Head chef Ashok Kumar, formerly of the award-winning Tamarind restaurant, created the menus with none other than Atul Kochhar, one of Britain’s top Indian chefs and one of only two currently holding a coveted Michelin star. Beat that! We highly recommend the Ak-bari lamb shank - a deliciously flavoursome dish, with hints of cinnamon. Mehek, which means "fragrance" so the owner tells us, truly is a treat for your senses
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's difficult to compare one Indian restaurant with any other in London. We generally eat at Mehek as part of a work function, or when working late as it's conveniently located. The food is good (not great), and the portions are just sufficient to ensure you don't overeat. The chefs specials are generally worth considering, although one special has disappointed in the past. I would go back, purely because it's conveniently in the area. This is not a destination restaurant, however.

1  Thank Grant H
There are newer reviews for Mehek Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took a group of 10+ for lunch here. The food was great, the waiters were attentive, the naan baskets were magically refilled. Plenty of food and overall I thought the food was prepared well. Our guests were not familiar with Indian food, but the quite enjoyed it all.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went here for a meal with work last night and was looking forward to it with high hopes as I do like a good curry.

And I got a good curry. Not a great one and a very VERY poor portion size. I didn't even know you could make a naan bread that small. Well, I did as I do Indian cookery but I wouldn't have served portions this small to my kids.

I appreciate the restaurant was busy but service was very average at best. As most restaurants make most money on drinks, and given we were a large party on expenses, I'd have expected the drinks to be flowing freely to our table but not the case.

The toilets were immaculate but the steps down to them are torturous so if you're at all bad on your feet then I'd try somewhere else.

All in all, not the best curry house I've been to and, in some way, amongst the worse but for silly, easily fixable things.

1  Thank Micklebring
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'd eaten here before 3 or 4 times and wondered if it would be open at 10.30 on a Friday evening. It was, and probably still a quarter full. We were offered a choice of tables and immediate service in a pleasant atmosphere. Drinks arrived fast and our US guest was offered help on the menu. Our food took about 25 minutes to arrive, which was fine as we were eating poppadoms (which were good and fresh), but unfortunately they had written down a wrong dish (mistaking massala for madras). One of the world's mysteries is why it takes 25 minutes for normal service, but less than 5 minutes when a wrong dish is replaced - that's the same in many a restaurant though. No quibble though. We all agreed the food was very good, very tasty and very enjoyable. We weren't rushed even though we were the last to leave. The bill came to about £30 a head, with a couple of Cobras, and we thought it good value. Definitely go back.

1  Thank Daring-do
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just had family weekend in London, on first night went to Mehek restaurant,A fantastic night was had by all, the food was excellent, the atmosphere and service within restaurant was also first class, we would like to say a big thank you to the waiters and Salim the restaurant owner for a great evening,