“Fantastic night”
Review of Mehek Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Mehek Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Mehek on London Wall is a slick and sophisticated Indian restaurant, popular with city slickers and curry connoisseurs alike. Featured in the Top 100 Best in Britain Real Curry Restaurant Guide; Mehek's menu is based on real Indian food - with plenty of delicate spices and no artificial colourings. Head chef Ashok Kumar, formerly of the award-winning Tamarind restaurant, created the menus with none other than Atul Kochhar, one of Britain’s top Indian chefs and one of only two currently holding a coveted Michelin star. Beat that! We highly recommend the Ak-bari lamb shank - a deliciously flavoursome dish, with hints of cinnamon. Mehek, which means "fragrance" so the owner tells us, truly is a treat for your senses
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Fantastic night”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just had family weekend in London, on first night went to Mehek restaurant,A fantastic night was had by all, the food was excellent, the atmosphere and service within restaurant was also first class, we would like to say a big thank you to the waiters and Salim the restaurant owner for a great evening,

• Visited October 2013

London
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and I have never been disappointed. If you like spicy I recommend the garlic chilli chicken.
The service was very good.
I would recommend booking as it does get busy.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Trudi M
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Good food but...”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had three meals here in last decade and all been good, but this time felt let down by our waiter and price of soft drinks.

So lucky to get a table as two large reservations had taken the bulk of empty tables we were seated in the furthest dark corner, possibly due to v casual dress of my colleague.

Two pop's and pickles arrived immediately, a little presumtuous I thought, but we probably would have ordered them. (They did turn out to be free)

As we'd eaten at lunchtime we weren't in for a big meal, and there was some "dissappointment" evident when we only ordered a main each + sundry.

Small Kingfisher (3.85) and a coke ordered. A pint of coke (3.80!) arrived without consultation. I'd say a half pint would be the norm unless asked otherwise.

Mains arrived fairly quickly and we were 2/3rds through the pop's. Again, no consultation before they and the pickle tray were taken away.

If I hadn't of had a big lunch I'd have been telling him to put them back down! But the point is, like the size of the coke, he should have asked.

Now as it turned out, the pop's weren't on the bill. All in with a tip it was £40.

Lamb bhuna was very nice and would have again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BeenB4
London, Canada
“Perfectly hot and spicey”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Mehek was quite close to the hotel my wife and i were staying at so we figured why not try it. We arr so happy we did. My wife has an indian background and can be picky when it comes to indian restaurants but she loved Mehek. The food had a lot of flavour and some real heat. The staff werd very responsive and friendly. Make sure to try the garlic naan and safron rice with your entree.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This restaurant is really nice, the staff are polite, friendly and very helpful. The food was especially good and I would definitely go back and would most definitely recommend to family and friends.

• Visited August 2013