“Above Average Food Neighborhood Indian”
Review of Mehek Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Mehek Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: Mehek on London Wall is a slick and sophisticated Indian restaurant, popular with city slickers and curry connoisseurs alike. Featured in the Top 100 Best in Britain Real Curry Restaurant Guide; Mehek's menu is based on real Indian food - with plenty of delicate spices and no artificial colourings. Head chef Ashok Kumar, formerly of the award-winning Tamarind restaurant, created the menus with none other than Atul Kochhar, one of Britain’s top Indian chefs and one of only two currently holding a coveted Michelin star. Beat that! We highly recommend the Ak-bari lamb shank - a deliciously flavoursome dish, with hints of cinnamon. Mehek, which means "fragrance" so the owner tells us, truly is a treat for your senses
New York City, New York
“Above Average Food Neighborhood Indian”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stopped in Mehek on a business trip and was looking for some good Indian food. I guess that shouldn't be too hard to find in London and Mehek . I ordered the Chicken Vindaloo with a Garlic Naan and side of rice. The heat on the Vindaloo was perfect for me, just enough too burn, but not unbearable. The chicken was fresh and the naan had just the right amount spices. The only complaint was that I was traveling by myself and they tried to stick me in an awkward seat, while they had plenty of room in the back. In any event, they accommodated me at they bar. The Kingfisher on draft was a perfect compliant to the meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank hobobass

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in London...”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Fantastic food here at Mehek with a great location, good few pubs and great transport links in the close proximity.

Make sure you have a chat with Salim, the owner and all round great guy!

All the food here is top quality, I've tried most but would recommend the Keema & Pea Bhuna and the Chicken Tikka Dhansak!!

Feeling Brave? Try any of the "Naga" Dishes

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank S276068
“Just simply the best!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am a regular visitor and travel 1 hour to eat here. From the owner, fantastic staff, Bar guys, this is the best Indian / Bengali food in the City. You don't need to go to the pub, the bar is great, very varied menu, great ingredients, crab dish superb, service fantastic, you get what you pay for!

1 Thank rrrjjjbbb
London, England, United Kingdom
“Mouth watering”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My friend and I happened upon this restaurant by chance and it turned out to be brilliant.

Free poppadums on arrival with a nice selection of chutneys. Extensive drinks list (my only complaint was that they had no cider).

I went for the gosht saag and the lamb was the most succulent and tender meat I've ever had in a indian restaurant. The portions were generous and it was so lovely I couldn't stop eating.

My friend had chicken tikka with tarka dal, which was also incredibly tasty.

We obviously only sampled a very small selection from the menu, but we were thoroughly impressed. The prices looked quite high on the menu but it turned out very reasonable and well worth the money.

Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rosie H
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Good food but one disappointment.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Food was great, no complaints there. Waiters could have been happier or at least tried to smile.
This appalled me though; pint of draught lager costs £4.50, which is about par. A half is £3.50! That makes it £7.00 a pint, which is pure greed, nothing else. Maybe it comes out of a gold plated tap.
I would love to see a management response to this, rather than just have it pointed out in the menu as I did on the night.
A shame.