“Good vegetarian”

Ranked #1,399 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Tasty fusion food in a vegetarian way... nice surroundings, friendly staff.
Portions are quite big, ales and wines are not really exciting.

1  Thank eballix

Reviewed April 3, 2013

A super restaurant which could certainly make you think of becoming vegetarian, if you have the time and imagination. The staff are really pleasant and will help a non vegetarian like myself with pretty good suggestions. I had the mushroom risotto in pastry - delicious and my friends had pasta and also the sausages the latter being tasteless and dry.

All in all a very pleasant experience in this quirky place which has been going for 45years and still packed, we were there on a Tuesday!!, they must be doing something right. It isn't cheap and you must be sure to book.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had nacho for starter: nice on the top but dry half way trough .
For mail I had the strudel .nice but the combination was not good.
My wife had the carabean curry that look and taste like a sup .

3  Thank Ila G
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have recently become vegan, so on a planned night out to dinner, my friend did some research and found this restaurant. We decided to give it a try.

We were seated at our booked table and, looking at the menu, I had to ask the waitress twice "Are you SURE this is vegan?" before ordering.

We each had a starter, main, and dessert, but on reflection we should have either only had a main or shared a starter and had a main or skipped the starter all together and had a main and dessert.

The portion sizes were generous, which was good considering that this was typical London pricing for a restaurant. The food itself was absolutely delicious with the exception of the soy icecream that came with my dessert but that is because I already know I am not a huge fan of the stuff.

In all, though, it was a great dining experience. The service was sufficient but I wouldn't grade it as the best I have ever had. Service charge was included so we did not leave any extra tip.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is interested in vegan cuisine as it is tasty and interesting and does not leave you feeling as though you have "missed out". As I am only extremely new to veganism, this was a big bonus for me.

1  Thank Krinkles28
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of the early vegetarian restaurants in London, still offering a good choice.
Although the food was good, it was not exceptional and would not inspire me to
return soon. Prices were higher than I was expecting.

We arrived late-ish, and were assisted by 2 different servers, friendly and helpful but nothing more.