“Sloooooow service!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: It's in the heart of hippest Camden Town, with classic ska and reggae wafting through the air, and an excellent vibe from the young, personable crowd who come to drink and meet. You'll be tempted to book the Mango Room before you even hear about the food. It's great - a fusion of traditional and modern Caribbean cuisine. Favourites include curry goat with hot pepper, scallions, pimento and spices, or chargrilled jerk chicken with jerk sauce. Do not miss the mango and banana brulee.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sloooooow service!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have literally never seen someone take so long to make a cocktail! We stopped here for drinks on our way to dinner elsewhere, were nearly late as waited so long for the bartender to make our drinks.

Bar was not busy at all, can only assume he was more interested in impressing the girl sitting at the bar than actually serving customers. Thank god we didn't eat here, would probably still be waiting for my dinner!!!

1 Thank Mesouk

Luton, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience :)”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited the mango room with my mates for my birthday meal and chose it due friends I know recommending it. It was surely worth the 30 mile journey, the food was delicious and the cocktails were a delight! Admittedly the food is quite pricey and the starters were smaller than i anticipated but the main meal size was better. We loved the cocktails, the strawberry daquari was my fav!!
I will certainly be visiting again!

• Visited November 2012

service good
atmosphere good
cocktails good

what more good carribean restaurant Top Marks
one of the best places in camden town

• Visited October 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Good food and best cocktails in town”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've first been in mango room following advice from a famous turistic guide. since when i moved to lndon i've become a frequent customer: food is great. Abit pricy but in accordance with all the other good restaurant in london, and even cheaper than those that pretend to be good but instead are lousy!
the best thing are cocktails: very tasty and strong enough when required!
The staff is welcoming and polite and the service is good.
also very good and pleasant venue.
definitly to reccomend a visit

• Visited September 2012
Australia
“A hidden delight in Camden Town”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when my half-sister had booked a restaurant in Camden Town when we were deciding to go for a meal together with both of our partners, but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and entered the restaurant. We sat down in the bar and the bar man created an amazing cocktail of alcoholic beverages for us.

Once everyone had arrived, we were seated at the table in the main room. It had a great atmosphere, the staff were brilliant and gave us everything we needed and were on hand for most of the night.

The food was absolutely fabulous and tasted so good - the only thing was that there wasn't as much on the plate as what I would have hoped for and it didn't come with any side orders at all, so when the bill was given to us at the end of the evening it was quite pricey for a main meal. However, this maybe because I'm a northerner and I'm not used to London dining.

The dessert of Sticky Toffee Pudding tasted sumptuous and really helped finish the meal at Mango Room. The only thing was that the portion was very small for the cost of this which was slightly disappointing. However apart from the portion sizes the meal was fantastic and it was a great evening and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited September 2012