“Good food!”

Mandarin Kitchen
Ranked #1,303 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Lobster noodles here is a must try! Noodles are really tasty and comparable or even better than most in Asian countries.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Very mixed feelings 23.08.13”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

W were up in London and were in Queebnsway and were seduced by the previous award won by this place
Sadly the reality did not live up to the expectation.
We arrived at 12.20 on a friday to be greeted by a totally empty restaurant on a busy tourist road, Staff were still laying tables crashing about with crockery and folding napkins as well as replacing the plant life on the tables.
Wee were shown to the table and had to resport to waving arms to order. we ordered food and waited, in the meantime I went to the toilets, oh dear they REALLY didnt decorate them very well so poorly maintained!
Food was eventually served my starter Mussels in black bean and cilli made me cough it was so spicy.
Main course was ok but not exceptional.
When it came to the bill they had added service charge, I asked th waitress why and her answer was priceless "we have to serve the food and clear the tables" being a strop I asked to see the manager and some young male came over. I explained that I choose the tip NOT them, he asked if evertything had been ok, I said yes but thats not the point. he asked if I was new to London, I explained no I was born in London 57 years ago! He continued to debate and I stuck to it, I paid the bill and no tip for a very expensive meal and staff arguing!

Paris
“authentic chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Mandarin Kitchen's speciality is seafood and so i had a shrimp starter and a fish main course. They were both very good. I was very impressed by the fact that most of the clients were Asiatic with many families. the decor is non-existant and the service is slow but if you want good Chinese food for a reasonable price, i recommend this restaurant.

Singapore, Singapore
“The signature dish of the lobster noodle in ginger and spring onion was good, but I wouldn't say the greatest.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was packed when we arrived about 1:30pm, but service was prompt and the food came out very fast despite the crowd. I found the lobster noodle with ginger and spring onion still ver good, though I won't dare say it is the beat. For a side dish we had the kailan fried in garlic which we found the stem of the kailan a bit hard. Overall it was a good lunch, though at about £50 for it, I don't know if this is a bit costly.

London, United Kingdom
“Buys place, book a table!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great won ton soup, really good sizzling plate with prawns, black bean and chili souce..Prawns in mandarin sauce were very tasty too..a lot of people come here for the lobster noodles- my friend didn't want it, so had to pass, cos you have to order the whole lobster. Came here around 6.30 on a Sunday evening- managed to get a table for an hour before another booking came, people were queueing afterwards- better book or come early!