“Amazing Burmese Food”

Ranked #4,913 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Burmese, Indian, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paddington / Maida Vale
Description: Finally we are ready once again to excite your palate with our authentic Myanmar dishes at our new and larger premises at 302, Kilburn High road London NW6 2DB on Monday 24/07/2017 from 18:00 hours. So are you ready to challenge your taste buds? If you are, come and experience the new look of our restaurant. Looking forward in seeing you soon to welcome you once again.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great place to enjoy Burmese food in London. Helpful staff, no frills restaurant, fresh hot food.. love going to this place.

1  Thank iyer_kaushik

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We ate here a couple of years ago and then our next trip to London we could not even get a reservation. We tried for reservations this time for Valentine's Day and several other days. We finally got a reservation on a Friday night. The place is small but the food is really delicious. The wine is a bargain and good. We spoke to the owner who is very friendly and can explain what best to order.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times – and it is always brilliant! The food is fantastic – full of amazing new flavours. The service is friendly as is the atmosphere. It is a great place to experience this amazing cuisine with friends in a relaxed and enjoyable environment. Great value for money as well. Would not miss it!

1  Thank Flatts06
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Mandalay is a must go - situated a short walk from Edgware Road tube station, it totally outclasses any of the other establishments in the area - a bold claim for a road known for its plethora of places to dine.

Mandalay seems to be a family run restaurant, which makes all the difference. This intimate outlier of Burma in the heart of London has an abundance of charm and charisma. I have now been lucky to experience the flavours of Burma on three occasions and each time I have never left disappointed. It is one of those places, where on the inevitable second visit, you are torn whether to order the same delight or indulge in something new! And as restaurants go, it is definitely one which is more considerate on the wallet - it was Time Out's Best Cheap Eat Guide which tipped me off about this little gem of a place..

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My hubby found this cafe/restaurant while looking for all things Burmese on the web in anticipation of our holiday to Burma this summer with our 12 year old daughter. So after a morning finding out about vaccinations we headed north for lunch. After a short walk from Edgware Tube station we found the Mandalay - its a shame there are so many stickers on the window as this cultivated the 'cafe' rather than the 'restaurant' look.

Now if you like your restaurants looking all new, modern and sparkly then this is not.the place for you. My Gran was Burmese and every table in her house had a plastic tablecloth of some sort and this was no different!! Even the paintings of the tribal heads were the same. My last comment on the decor is try to avoid the toilet if you can - it is very cramped and although the sink and loo were clean, the floor and tiles need to be renewed - as did the loo seat which was held up with very old cellotape!!

Now the Food - we were given the lunch special, main and drinks menus - we ordered 2 different fritters (£2.90 for 2 fritters per portion), Meatball (lamb) curry (from the lunch menu and good value at £4.50) and Chicken Coconut noodle (£7.50 or £8.50 cant remember) plus green tea to drink. We had a lovely chat with the owner who told us that Burmese food is not as hot as other Asian food - he was right. The starters were fantastic - light, lightly spiced and crispy. The Chicken Coconut noodle was absolutely delicious - more of a soup with lovely crispy bits on top - heaven in a plate - we were told it was the national dish and I think my 12 year old will love it if we can get it made with just a bit less chilli heat. The tomato/tamarind sauce on the meatball curry was not as lovely as the coconut dish - the meatballs were nice but I think I would order something different next time.

And yes there will be a next time - I cant wait!