“Delicious burmese”

Ranked #2,873 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Burmese, Indian, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paddington / Maida Vale
Description: Finally we are ready once again to excite your palate with our authentic Myanmar dishes at our new and larger premises at 302, Kilburn High road London NW6 2DB on Monday 24/07/2017 from 18:00 hours. So are you ready to challenge your taste buds? If you are, come and experience the new look of our restaurant. Looking forward in seeing you soon to welcome you once again.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Perfect place for a nice date/dinner with friends. Small place so not suitable for huge parties but it works. The whole decor is dated but it gives it a nice homey feel.
The food is amazing. Dont know what authentic burmese is like - i loved it.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

And to think that the Mandalay is the only Burmese restaurant in London. Located on Edgeware Road, not exactly the greatest area of London, but certainly worth the journey. The food is excellent and service is friendly and you just might want to called ahead and see if you can get a reservation as it is tiny and filled up quickly - very quickly. I have been a few times and will continue to go back whenever in London. Last time I had the twice-cooked fish curry and a mango salad and was in heaven. I am sure they have a website and I am sure the menu in posted on it. You may wish to consult it first and salivate over what you may wish to order. The last time I was there the owner came over and specifically spoke to the friend I was with as he has been a regular since university days - let's just say that has been a number of years!
Do, go, do try, do enjoy Burmese food you will be so very glad you did.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Do not get put off by the minimalistic decor of this little gem of a restaurant. It serves lip-smacking authentic Burmese cusine. Family run place serves freshly prepared food- I absolutely loved the khauk swe. The prices are incredibly reasonable

Must try for all lovers of cusine from Far East

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Excellent, tasty, home made food at a very reasonable price. We have been going here for years and will continue to do so!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My family, friends and I are often at Mandalay not because the location is convenient as many of us travel to the furthest end of Edgware road from our various homes and offices often located very far away. We love the food. We love the hospitality and the price is always right!
I highly recommend the 'Khao Soi' this is a delicious noodle soup as a main and comes with either prawn or chicken. Would also suggest you kick off your Burmese experience with some mix vegetable and chicken fritters and the Papaya salad. They also make a mean cup of Burmese chai (cooked with the milk), its off menu but if you go often enough and remember to smile they just might make you one :) My only complaint is that the restaurant can't seat too many people and am looking forward to the day when the owner puts in a mezzanine!