“Lovely birthday meal”

Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: Nearest Underground Station Liverpool Street (10min walk). Bus route 8 & 338.
Description: What kind of London restaurant attracts the likes of Liz Hurley, Donatella Versace and Madonna? A genuine one-off. Les Trois Garcons is a handsomely converted pub, easily identified on Bethnal Green Road by its flaming torches. Inside the restaurant is pure theatre, the opulent dining room decor falling over itself with stuffed animals (mais oui, that is a bulldog with fairy wings), sparkly crystal chandeliers and all sorts of antique idiosyncrasies. Les Trois Garcons is a bit like being inside Salvador Dali's brain. The classic French food, brilliantly twisted with the Australian touch of Michael Chan, Head Chef since 2010 introduce dishes like the sweetbread and crayfish spring roll which is out of this world, the Monkfish and Lap Cheung sausage serve in a lemon-verbena based cassoulet of white and broad beans, and if you prefer meat, the rump of lamb infused in coconut oil. For dessert, the classic vanilla creme brulee is always on the menu. The beautiful staff deserve praise too, under the attentive eyes of the General Manager Fabien Babanini who joined Les Trois Garcons in February 2011, for their warmth and knowledgeable service. Three words for the experience, Quirky, Tasty and Impecable.
“Lovely birthday meal”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to Les Trois Garcons on a Monday eve for my birthday on a freezing cold night and by the time we left it was close to full, which I think shows how popular it is! It is a really unusual restaurant in terms of decor, but the service is fantastic, really attentive and I was given some macaroons free of charge at the end for my birthday when we couldn't manage desert. The food was the best bit, lots of different flavours in all dishes we tried and melt in your mouth meats (I had guinea fowl and it tasted amazing!). I was really impressed and want to go back for another treat sometime soon.

• Visited March 2013
G M, General Manager at Les Trois Garcons, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant.
Maybe next time we will start dinner with the dessert to give you the chance to try them as well.
Until your next visit,
Kind regards

London
“Devine Food & Quirky Decor”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The building is an old pub which has been transformed into something amazing! Handbags and necklaces hanging from the ceiling and stuffed animals dressed in tiaras and crowns dotted on the walls and propped up on the bar, it was beautiful.

The food was second to none, every course which came out was beautifully presented and tasted exquisite, this was the £66 per head tasting menu which we booked with a Groupon Deal. Even if we were paying full price I would have been happy to pay the bill it was that nice!

The service was impeccable, our table was waited on hand and foot, the drop of a knife and a waiter was there with a new one and they were so friendly as well. When booking with a Groupon restaurant always feel you might be treated differently from customers paying full price but not us, we were treated very well.

I would come back again as I really want to show my mum this lovely find!

1 Thank CMBLLW9085
Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to review our restaurant.
All our customers are very important to us and by reading your review, I know that my everyone in my team have done their duties well.
We are certainly looking forward to welcome you and your mum very soon.
“Nice French Restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great decor and food, a bit pricey so I wouldn't go there too often, but worth the visit.
Best if you book in advance.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Regards
“Well Worth It!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My second visit, albeit via Groupon...

Six taster courses, which more than adequately filled us up, as well as being delicious, beautifully presented and fab!

Our waiter was French, stupendous, fabulously moustachioed ad lovely.

THE RESTAURANT DECO IS.......beyond compare.

The food was superb. We plumped for the Riohja, 2 bottle at £30 a pop.

It isn't cheap, even via Groupon, but an utterly lovely night out.

FULL MARKS!!

1 Thank PaulaMellon
G M, General Manager at Les Trois Garcons, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Restaurant.
Michael, or "Moustache" as we call him, is a great addition to our team and has only just started with us. He does blend marvellously well in our quirky decor.
We are looking forward t your next visit.
hersham
“Stylish but superficial”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The quirky & cool design of this restaurant make it feel like somewhere very unique & fancy. You're greeted by a stuffed tiger & monkey wearing a crown as you walk in. Handbags hang from the ceiling & the toilet has an actual chain...very awesome indeed. The price of a 3 course meal here is currently £47. Unfortunately, I struggled to find anything I fancied on the menu, a very rare occurrence for me! For starter I had roasted red peppers with goats cheese/curd, capers & anchovies, which I thought would be simple but delicious. The overall starter had a very strange taste & not a nice one. The goats curd/cheese was not very nice & the dish lacked flavour or seasoning. For mains, I paid £5 extra to upgrade to Chateaubriand (meal now £52) because didn't fancy pork or cannelloni. This was a great decision because it was delicious, cooked to perfection, & the other 2 dishes were disappointing according to my friends that had them. The desserts were good; Creme brûlée very nice but nothing particularly special & cheese board was small. There are only 3 choices for each course with no vegetarian starters available & only pasta for mains for vegetarians. Overall it is really overpriced for the quality but vegetarians feel particularly ripped off here! The service is classic I guess but not particularly friendly. The waiters kept the wine & were not very good at keeping our glasses topped up; we would have preferred to have the wine on our table.
Considering the price & appearance of this restaurant, I had high hopes. However, unless the menu changes drastically, I won't be back.

G M, General Manager at Les Trois Garcons, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us.
Firstly, I would like to apologise if your experience hasn't been as good as you anticipated.
The reduced a la carte is offered to all tables larger than 6 and is made of the most signature dishes from our a la carte menu. This is menu which is explained at the time of booking with the host. The chateaubriand has indeed a supplement but this is a prime cut of beef that we had to have on this menu due to popular demand. We are trying to keep our prices as low as possible and in fact, never change the price of this menu, regardless of increases from our suppliers.
We usually try to accomodate our guests if no choices seems to be working, especially with special requirement, and I am sure that should you have asked your waiter for an alternative starter, he would have tried his best to help.
I am very sorry to hear that the topping up of the wines wasn't followed up properly on your table and I aggree that this is really poor from our end. This is most certainly the one subject that I bring back at every briefing before every service.
I hope that you will decide to visit us again as I feel that this isn't quiet the best experience you could have received from us. I would of course recommend to go for our full a la carte menu which I would be happy to organise for you.