“New Years Eve”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Regent's Park / Kings Cross
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We ate at Lemonia on New Years Eve. We got lucky the restaurant had a cancellation so we were able to get a table. The food was all very good. We each had a different dish so we each got to sample a lot of different food. I was stuffed by the end of the meal and there was still food left.

The service was good although I felt somewhat rushed. At times things were taken off our table without the waiter asking if we were done. Things might be more relaxed on a night other than NYE. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions and descriptions.

Overall we were happy with the meal and were glad we got a tip from a local to try to eat at Lemonia.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had heard it was a fantatastic place to celebrate new years. I really felt let down, the place was overbooked and the vibe was to make money with no real festive celebrations. The starters were great, but its very easy to serve the traditional greek delicacy of humus and pita. I had the lamb shank, it feel off the bone but unfortunately it was absolutely tasteless. Would I go again... never. Total waste of a festive night..

1  Thank Tilly T
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Busy and buzzy ambience. Fresh sea bass £15 which was very good but no accompanying anythings. Three small boiled potatoes cost an extra £3.50 but as they were not fully cooked sent them back and they were replaced by some rather greasy boiled potatoes which were dubbed 'roast'. My companion had moussaka which tasted good but rather too much cinnamon for my taste. Pudding was an apple pie with ice cream and the pastry I guess was straight out of the microwave as it was soft and squishy rather than short and crisp. I guess this is Primrose Hill so prices are more than you would pay elsewhere for the same fare. Would not rush back but if this was my local caff at more like caff prices I guess I would welcome it.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Although good Greek restaurants in London are not quite many, my impression is that Lemonia is one of the best. Despite the fact that the quality of Greek food you get in London is not the same you can get in Greece, Lemonia can combine good quality food and a nice environment. Don't forget to try the speciality of the restaurant, a lamb recipe called 'kleftiko'. The prices are normal compared to what you usually pay in London. There are also some nice traditional Greek desserts like Galaktoboureko and balkava which you have to taste for sure.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was really impressed with this restaurant. It is hard to find a good Greek restaurant anywhere other than Hellenic territories. I love the road it's on, very nice. I love the tree growing in the middle of the restaurant. Good vibe here. Staff are nice too. I chose many starters from dolmadakia to Seftalies. I tried a couple of main meals to see what they were like. Had the chicken souvlaki and also a fillet of chicken on the charcoal. What also impressed me was their Greek wine selection. Greek wines are some of the best in the world.
Good work