“very good value”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: London Bridge
Description: This lovely riverside restaurant offers all the warmth and welcome of a traditional Italian trattoria, but there's no mistaking the fact that it's in the heart of London - thanks to a spectacular and uninterrupted view of Tower Bridge. With simple, heartly Italian dishes prepared with lots of passion, this is a great spot for lunch and dinner alike. Please be aware that Cantina del Ponte will be open between 12 to 18 on New Year day.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very good value for the set lunch and lovely location. We started with crostini, which were good, although bear little resemblance to the ones we are used to eat in Tuscany. My penne was substantial and excellent. The tiramisu was frankly awful, could not finish it. Cream and very little else. Coffee was good. Another gripe was the lack of any bread or rolls. The Italian waiter was charming and efficient. i am sure it was not his fault that were overcharged £2. I used to be very trusting but my experience recently at the Roux at the Landau and so soon after that here, will make me more vigilant in the future. On balance, it was worth the visit.

Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the feedback following your recent visit at Cantina del Ponte.
I am sorry to hear that you did not like the Tiramisu; I have passed your comments through to our Executive Chef who will investigate this further.
I am glad to hear that your overall experience in Cantina was very pleasant and we are looking forward to seeing you soon again,

Corrado

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have dined here for lunch and for dinner. Both times the service was pleasant and warm, the food of good quality and generous portions, and generally the atmosphere jovial but relaxed.

The location is fantastic on the river at Butler's Wharf and if booking ask for a table by the window so yuo can enjoy the best view in London of Tower Bridge. One of the meals I had was at lunch time and on a deal but I couldn't fault it - ther ewas plenty of choice, good portions and very enjoyable.

It's certainly my favourite Italian restaurant in this part of London.

Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for posting your feedback online.
I am happy that you thought the service was pleasant and warm and that our food is of a good quality.

The location with the fantastic views along with the great food and service make dining experience in Cantina del Ponte absolutely fabulous.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I must say: I love Shad Thames and that helps when it comes to speak about Cantina del Ponte... I have been in the restaurant a bunch of times now and honestly I can't understand why there are so different reviews about this place...
I found the food pretty good: nothing really special but fair. I could say the same of the place, especially in summer with the tables overlooking Tower Bridge.
A little bit worse inside where could be quite noisy.

Prices: reasonable.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback online.

I do appreciate your positive comment and I am really pleased to see how much you like dining with us and keep returning to us.

I am glad we never disappoint you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in Cantina del Ponte soon,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I love this part of town, and finding a reasonably priced, really good Italian restaurant with superb views over Tower Bridge is a real bonus. The food is very good, wine reasonably priced, ambience great, service attentive and professional, and the views fabulous. Need I say more...?

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the very positive comment about Cantina del Ponte.
I am happy you enjoy dining in our restaurant and I hope you will continue on visiting us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had eaten here on a couple of occasions previously and was impressed, so booked a table for lunch on 19 February with a friend who had travelled from Yorkshire. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we walked in, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wines, and while the service was very efficient, we weren't made to feel hurried in any way. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for the area, with a varied choice. I will definitely be returning soon.

Corrado L, Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting such a positive feedback following your recent visit at Cantina del Ponte,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our food and service and I do hope we will see you soon again,