“Great restaurant”
Review of Cantina del Ponte

Cantina del Ponte
Ranked #375 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: London Bridge
Description: This lovely riverside restaurant offers all the warmth and welcome of a traditional Italian trattoria, but there's no mistaking the fact that it's in the heart of London - thanks to a spectacular and uninterrupted view of Tower Bridge. With simple, heartly Italian dishes prepared with lots of passion, this is a great spot for lunch and dinner alike. Please be aware that Cantina del Ponte will be open between 12 to 18 on New Year day.
london
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a late Sunday lunch and the restaurant was very busy, food was very good and perfect service. It was my second time & will go again especially in the warmer weather when you can sit outside overlooking London Bridge.

• Visited November 2012
Carlotta A, Front Office Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback online following your experience at Cantina del Ponte.
It is great to see that you took the time to leave valuable information to us and other users of Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had such a great time, liking our cuisine and our signature spaghetti, our excellent central location and our friendly and efficient service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant and to introduce you to our terrace during warmer months.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
london
“Great place for a sunday lunch !!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The place was really busy, a big group were celebrating a birthday.
I went there with my girlfriend and we loved the atmosphere and warm welcoming from the moment we arrived, the staff were really looking after us, and I loved the seafood spaghetti !!!
Really nice view and great service !!!
Will be back !

• Visited November 2012
Carlotta A, Front Office Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, nice reception”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The reception was warm and service good All dishes arrived at once for all our party I had the parma ham followed by Saltimbocca which was delicious. Atmosphere was delightful.I was impressed by the attentive service The only criticism was the fact that the waiters try and hard sell sides (extras such as vegetables) I can understand assisting diners with choices if they ask but if I want extra food I will ask for it. It embarrasses people who are on a budget especially if you are being taken out for dinner and someone else is paying . Maybe waiters should just ask if there is anything else you may like rather than how about some extra vegetables This implies that portions are small and you may not have enough to eat and also that the menu is not clear. . Why not just charge a lttle more and put the veg on the table where people can help themselves to save this undignified haggling

• Visited November 2012
Carlotta A, Front Office Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Amanda,

It is very nice to see that you took so much time to go into details and leave valuable information to us and other users of Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had such a great time, liking our cuisine, our excellent central location and our friendly and efficient service.

Regarding the side dishes point that you raised: may I assure you that your comments have been taken with all the seriousness that they deserve, I have addressed your comments with the full management team.

London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Divine food and excellent service, especially from Francesco who was very professional and careful on details. Spot on!

Carlotta A, Front Office Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Sir,

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went here to have a quiet meal with a friend on a Monday evening. There was a charming french waiter, think one of the managers and he provided us with excellent service and made us feel very relaxed. The lobster linguine as our main course was fantastic and I would not hesitate to order that again! All in all a very pleasant evening and the food seemed better than it was because of the wonderful atmosphere that the staff created!

1 Thank Kongo86
Dear Madam,

It is very nice to see that you took so much time to go into details and leave valuable information to us and other users of Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had such a great time and that you loved the atmosphere the staff created.
I am particularly pleased that you would like to visit us again in the future.