“Very very good experience.”
Review of Le Gavroche

Le Gavroche
Ranked #54 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The first UK restaurant to be awarded one, two, and then three Michelin stars, Le Gavroche remains a class apart. Since opening in 1967, this Mayfair bastion of French cuisine has been very much a family affair, and chef-patron Michel Roux Jr continues the tradition today. The elegance of the menu and the ambience is impeccably tailored, while the discreet service has won its own plaudits.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

After many years of putting this off we finally went to le gavroche and first impressions is everything in this high end world of cooking and service.
Its a beautiful place with a very classic looking dinning room. service was as you guessed, impeccable.
Food is proper classic french with a couple of modern twists.
Its a very nice place to be as you would expect, not going to knock your socks off. very safe well cooked food. classic presentation. clean.

My worry about this place is if you have eaten in a couple of the other big names around, it can be a bit safe, not pushing things as much as they can. takes away from what is a very deserved 2 ** establishment but maybe is been left behind by the big boys.

Glad we came though

Very nice

There are newer reviews for Le Gavroche

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had the great good fortune to have dinner here recently, as part of a party of 7, to celebrate my son's significant birthday. I had travelled from the other side of the world for the occasion and it was worth every minute of the 24 hour flying time. It was absolutely the best meal of my life. Every thing about the evening was just perfect, right from the moment we entered the restaurant and had cocktails in the bar. The many degustation courses were perfection as was the service and to cap it all off Michel Roux, spent time talking to us, as he does with all his guests. A wonderful, memorable, faultless evening. Certainly a once in a life time experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been very fortunate to dine in many superb restaurants over the years. I have just had the finest dining experience of my life! So much so that my wife, my son and his partner will be returning after Christmas. I cannot thank Michel Roux Jr and his amazing team enough for the evening we had. Monsieur Chef, Ursula & Silvia and David; you and the team made a 50 year old very very happy. If you want to sample and appreciate the finest dining then please treat yourselves to Le Gavroche.

2  Thank bigpuffa-d
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had high hopes of a wonderful meal when I made the reservation three months in advance. The reality exceeded my expectations and it was worth the wait. One of the best meals I’ve ever had, and the set lunch is incredible value. Our welcome was wonderful; we arrived just in time, and explained we had had a difficult trip over. “Not a problem, you can relax now you have arrived” was the response, and we did. The service was helpful, friendly, welcoming, and impeccable. The wines excellent and the food perfectly, and precisely, cooked, and beautify presented. The fine decor is also part of the experience. A return visit is planned.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had been really looking forward to eating at Le gavroche and from the moment I stepped through the door I wasn't disappointed.We had the lucnh menu which was exceptional value for money.The attentiveness of the staff was just perfect and the setting of the restaurant tasteful.All the staff were fully briefed on the menu and the pace at which we served was brilliant.This was a birthday meal for my dad and he too thorughly enjoyed it and meeting michel Roux himself was the icing on the cake

1  Thank ACathy3