“Best of the Best!!!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The first UK restaurant to be awarded one, two, and then three Michelin stars, Le Gavroche remains a class apart. Since opening in 1967, this Mayfair bastion of French cuisine has been very much a family affair, and chef-patron Michel Roux Jr continues the tradition today. The elegance of the menu and the ambience is impeccably tailored, while the discreet service has won its own plaudits.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Chose to have an intimate dinner with our close friends here to celebrate my big birthday. Where does one start? Everything without exception was pure perfection. We had the tasting menu with wine. Worth every single penny. Michael Roux Jr visited every table and spent just enough time for diners to have their moment with him. He is genuinely charming, he certainly made my evening!.
We have been very fortunate over the years to have some lovely culinary experiences in a number of Michelin star restaurants, this is The Best of the Best in our opinion. Just go!!!!

1  Thank lorraineandtim
Write a ReviewReviews (3,172)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited Le Gavroche to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the moment we set foot into the restaurant we were treated to a remarkable dining experience. We recommend for a first visit the "menu exceptional" with wines to compliment each course - you will not be disappointed!
To top off a wonderful evening Michele Roux Junior visited each table personally and could be heard throughout our meal on the pass directing his helpful staff. Other celebrity chefs should take a leaf out of his book, a top chef, that clearly cares about his food,service and his customers, and working on a Saturday night!!!!! Highly recommend booking early as the waiting list is three months long, but worth the wait. Not cheap but well worth every penny.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went for the menu exceptionale and wow it was exceptional matched wines were perfect

The decor ambiance and service matched the food perfection.

Oh and the Master himself in the kitchen at the pass I was star struck!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My friend in London helped me book the table by advance before my business trip there. Very lovely environment with professional staff. We had the souffle souisses & foie as the starter, sea bass & the duck as the main, the cheese & desert as an end. The food are super delicious with very beautiful presentation. Wide range of wines too.This is a place I will visit again next time!

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited Le Gavroche for my brother's 30th birthday family evening meal. We had the menu exceptionel and it was a delightful 4 hours spent eating wonderful dishes and soaking up the atmosphere of the reataurant. The service was second to none. Staff were really accomdoating as my sister-in-law who booked the meal neglected to notify them in advance that my mum is severely allergic to nutmeg and peppers/paprika. My father told the maitre di on arrival and staff were so accomodating. During the cheese course Michel himself came over to our table and asked if we were having a good evening, shook my brother's hand and wished him a happy birthday and noted that my mum's allergies were very unusual! We were a little star struck and it really made our night. During the dessert couse my brother's mille foille had a candle in it and 'happy birthday' written in chocolate. The waitress then guilted us into singing happy birthday and three other tables joined in! He was very embarrassed but we all thought it was great.

1  Thank Florenzoo