“An Experience To Remember”
Review of Le Gavroche

Le Gavroche
Ranked #54 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The first UK restaurant to be awarded one, two, and then three Michelin stars, Le Gavroche remains a class apart. Since opening in 1967, this Mayfair bastion of French cuisine has been very much a family affair, and chef-patron Michel Roux Jr continues the tradition today. The elegance of the menu and the ambience is impeccably tailored, while the discreet service has won its own plaudits.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Lunch today was outstanding. Service was impeccable, efficient and friendly. The restaurant was full and yet the staff still had time to chat. The food from the Hors d'ouvres to the desserts was wonderful. The icing on the cake was the appearance of Michel Roux Jr, who is a charming man. He visited and spoke with every table. We had the fixed lunch menu and it was very good value. Can't wait for the next visit.

1  Thank MaggieMarrone53
There are newer reviews for Le Gavroche

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Didn't know lunch could be so emotional. Le Gavroche truly lived up to our expectations and delivered a superb meal with impeccable service. From the moment we stepped in the door we enjoyed the gastronomic experience and came away having enjoyed every course and felt lunch was extremely good value. The icing on the cake was of course when Michel Roux came out and spoke to those seated at every table. Could we fault it...no, would we go again ...most definitely.

2  Thank Viki R
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have just come back from Le Gavroche after having had lunch there we do not go often (Not often enough for my taste ) but every time we go we have a super meal the £ 52 lunch is an absolute bargain 3 courses with half a bottle of wine ,water ,Coffee etc. Michel Roux was there and came and spoke to most diners he is positively charming ! Yes there is a 3 month waiting list but it is worth the wait. Gentlemen if you forget to wear a jacket they will find one for you to wear! Ties are not compulsory now. If this puts any of you off, good! I will not have to wait so long for a table next time .

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Although not a frequent visitor I have been several times and it never lets you down. I was a real pain this time asking to move tables as I was originally given one of the walk in ones by the kitchen door despite having booked three months in advance but I was moved without question or rancour. The food was as usual simply divine. Its not cheap but quality costs and this is quality. It will always be my favourite

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I thought this restaurant was going to be overpriced and pretentious before I went. However it really was excellent. The staff were amazing and even Michel Roux himself was utterly irresistible. It is without a doubt one of the best meals/experience I have had.