“Very friendly service and warm feeling”
Review of Le Gavroche

Le Gavroche
Ranked #61 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The first UK restaurant to be awarded one, two, and then three Michelin stars, Le Gavroche remains a class apart. Since opening in 1967, this Mayfair bastion of French cuisine has been very much a family affair, and chef-patron Michel Roux Jr continues the tradition today. The elegance of the menu and the ambience is impeccably tailored, while the discreet service has won its own plaudits.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Go here for business dinners often and it never dissapoints. Good food, good service and good wine.
Definitely one of the top spots in London - the chef always has something that can delight.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,153)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My Dad and I had our annual long lunch at Le Gavroche. It's a great old fashioned room with deep reds and deep carpets and I love the drinks upstairs before being taken down for dinner touch. I'd not been in ten years and had forgotten quite how small and intimate the restaurant was. The amuse bouches were great - a sort of upmarket cheese straw and my bitter soup was just that: Beer soup. The cheese and ham croquettes to dip in it were even better. I had pollock for main and whilst good it just didn't have the wow factor. The same could be said for my Dad's chicken: good, but not great. Great that Michel junior came up to ask how things were going and we did have a great time. Perhaps if we'd gone outside the very good value business lunch we'd had got that wow factor and we did have an excellent time - you can't fault the service. It's just top make a top ten there has to be at least one dish which sticks in the mind through time, and sadly there wasn't one.

1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Food, setting, decor, ambience all top notch.
The service provided by the front of house folk is really, really good. The service is exceptional, but, the staff also show a bit of humour and a human side, without being 'in your face'!
It was quite pricey, but, as a special occassion place, well worth it.
Had a great time!

1  Thank RandCChes
Reviewed March 26, 2013

What a treat
Decided on the Menu exceptionnel with wine
Service was excellent very attentive without being over baring
The food was out of this world
Wasn't but was worth the treat for our anniversary
Thanks to all all the staff

1  Thank Caz174
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law took me to Le Gavroche to celebrate my birthday. To detail the experience would just be repeating what many others have already said, everything was perfect. The personal touch extended throughout the service right up to Michel Roux visiting each table and taking an interest in your reason for the visit. Unrequested he signed my menu wishing me happy birthday, the message repeated on my desert plate. "Menu exceptionnel" was as the name suggests. This is a must do experience, the anticipation before the visit, the food and wonderful memories makes it much more than a special evening.

2  Thank Linda N