“Le Caprice”
Review of Le Caprice

Le Caprice
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Caprice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: St. James's
Description: The classic St James's restaurant, Le Caprice is close to the Royal Academy, Burlington Arcade and Bond Street and moments from Piccadilly, Mayfair and the West End. Le Caprice's menu features classic British, European and American favourites and its timeless black and white interior is complemented by a collection of iconic photographs by David Bailey. For your evening's entertainment, our pianist plays from 6.30Pm until midnight. For more relaxed dining, the full menu is also available at the bar.
London, United Kingdom
“Le Caprice”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm new to London so I worried a little about just where to suggest meeting a prospective new client for lunch. Among London's many great restaurant possibilities, I wanted to strike the right tone without being over the top, have a business atmosphere in which to talk that wasn't moribund and stuffy, and leave having had a great meal. So, much to my relief, I can report that this is the place. Le Caprice is comfortably packed with elegant, bustling activity, unobtrusive service, and great food. I've got to go back on my own again before I give it an "excellent" all around, but I think this restaurant will become one of my London favorites.

• Visited January 2013

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great, but too brief a visit!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were in & out in less than an hour, as we had a show to get to, but the food & service were excellent.
Would be nice to go again to enjoy it at a more leisurely pace!

Visited January 2013
London
“I miss this place”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Always go here when in London and just love it. The food is excellent, the service is faultless and it's just a classic dining room to sit in an enjoy. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2012
Gatwick
“classic lunch time haunt”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

wnat a bit of lunch with someone special then visit this place forget the mystery a great wine list and very friendly attentive staff are there to look after you

Visited June 2012
New York
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We try to head to Le Caprice during each visit to London, especially since the NYC branch has closed. We opted for brunch this time, and were very happy we did. True, it wasn't exceptionally busy, but food and service remained consistently excellent, with my favorite ceaser salad in London. And, on another positive note, my dad was sorry that the iced berries weren't on the dessert menu. He jokingly said so to the waitress, who responded very cheerfully that they did indeed have them, which made my father a very happy man indeed. Well done, Le Caprice. Now please re-open in Manhattan.

• Visited December 2012