“Brilliant seafood and lobster”

The Lavender Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lavender Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,597 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The former Lavender Pub was brought by a group of Italian chefs and food loving entrepreneurs who have achieved their aim of transforming it into an Italian restaurant with character specialising in authentic food and wine from Italy. . The Lavender Wine Bar and Restaurant offers a relaxing dining experience away from the stress and speed of the city. We pride ourselves in offering you exceptional ingredients, simply cooked and second to none. The ingredients used in our kitchen are always fresh. We select our fish, seafood and meat from Billingsgate and Smithfield markets several times a week so the menu may slightly vary according to season and availability. The menu is short, seasonal and includes beautiful Seafood platters with tuna tartare and king prawns. Exeptional Organic linguine with king prawns, calamari, mussels and baby cherry tomatoes or Organic linguine with lobster and baby cherry tomatoes. We also re-interpreted some English dishes with an Italian twist - try our organic burger with Pecorino cheese... We do have a weekly Special board with new Italian dishes usually seasonal. All the Wines on our extensive list (over 40) are from small independent Italian producers and from different parts of Italy. We also have 4 draft beers/ciders and many other bottled ones and we serve Cocktails.
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant seafood and lobster”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Came to the restaurant on Valentine's day with my then boyfriend with the Groupon seafood tasting offer. 7 or 8 dishes with lobster, very delicate and beautiful looking, and extremely tasty. Very cosy and chilled atmosphere with lavender everywhere as decoration. We booked the date wrong online so had to wait while table clears. The staff were extremely kind to serve us with delicious starters while we wait without charging.

• Visited February 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
“Seems to go from strength to strength”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

It has tasty Italian styled food, a drinkable house wine so assume the rest of the list is good and friendly service. Atmosphere is relaxed. Have eaten there twice now and had two different sorts of pasta dishes - both delicious and substantial. My American friend scoffed down the Cannoli which is a dessert she has missed since studying and living over here. I had another glass of red but then I am a Brit :))

A complimentary Limoncello as we paid the bill went down a treat.

Aperol Spritz anyone?

Milan, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A place like home”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is the best place in London. The food is excellent, fresh and well-finished, enriched by true italian flavours. The tuna tartare was simply amazing, the combination between tuna and strawberries is a paradise in your mouth. The steak was super, the meat was really tender and tasty. The ricotta was truly fresh, imported by Sicily, making the cannolo a recall to Italy. They make a real italian Spritz, that is very difficult to find in London. Above all, the staff is courteous, willing and expert, defined by congeniality and friendliness. I really enjoy my meal.

1 Thank Chiara G
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Superdelicious and the excellent and warm staff!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I came here the on the 6th with my partner,thanks to a groupon voucher and wow,definitely impressed! The way they cook fish is incredible,light and full of taste,fish of first quality. The surprise for me was the swordfish carpaccio. A unique recipe, marinated for 50 days with rum,tender and tasty,something I will dream of at night!all
the food was excellent as well as the atmosphere.the service was impeccable and the staff is super,friendly,kind and up for a nice talk,passionate about their work and their talent!if you really want to taste italian food in london this is a must as it's high quality and different from the usual cliché, don't miss it!!

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious! ”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Well I was invited to come on a groupon voucher not expecting much, was I wrong!! The food was amazing,taster menu and food I would not of chosen normally as not big on seafood, this place has converted me. The marinated swordfish carpaccio, to die for, lobster tender, calamari fritti, light and tasty. To finish off, Cannoli was heavenly. Beautiful menu and tasty cocktail list. Also the fantastic service, you could tell Georgio, manager, who served us is so passionate about the food he serves. Can't wait to go back and try a steak or something different. This is a hidden gem that needs to be discovered. My new fave.