“The Best Italian restaurant in the UK”

The Lavender Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lavender Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,204 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The former Lavender Pub was brought by a group of Italian chefs and food loving entrepreneurs who have achieved their aim of transforming it into an Italian restaurant with character specialising in authentic food and wine from Italy. . The Lavender Wine Bar and Restaurant offers a relaxing dining experience away from the stress and speed of the city. We pride ourselves in offering you exceptional ingredients, simply cooked and second to none. The ingredients used in our kitchen are always fresh. We select our fish, seafood and meat from Billingsgate and Smithfield markets several times a week so the menu may slightly vary according to season and availability. The menu is short, seasonal and includes beautiful Seafood platters with tuna tartare and king prawns. Exeptional Organic linguine with king prawns, calamari, mussels and baby cherry tomatoes or Organic linguine with lobster and baby cherry tomatoes. We also re-interpreted some English dishes with an Italian twist - try our organic burger with Pecorino cheese... We do have a weekly Special board with new Italian dishes usually seasonal. All the Wines on our extensive list (over 40) are from small independent Italian producers and from different parts of Italy. We also have 4 draft beers/ciders and many other bottled ones and we serve Cocktails.
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The Lavender serves exquisite Italian Artisan food, believe me! Im a foodie! I've sampled with friends tonight and we cant leave our seats! Giorgio the fabulous owner keeps topping up our glasses with wines to compliment our dishes made by the finest Italian Chef Mario! The detail is in the presentation! Ask me how I'm going to get home..tomorrow!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Italian restaurants have always disappointed me in the UK. Over priced and over cooked pasta - I have stopped eating in them. Since eating in the Lavender - let me tell you - they are back in fashion. I have never eaten such delicious pasta in this country. I had the daily special with courgettes and ricotta but have since tried the pasta with smoked ham with walnuts and chicory. The addition of the dried chilli is ingenious. The quality of the ingredients cannot be surpassed and the chef needs congratulating for not complicating such wonderful produce. I tried the cheapest white wine on the menu - a Trebiano which was also delicious. This restaurant will go places. Try it now before everyone discovers it!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was in this place for the first time and I proud myself of being a great expert of sunday roast, it s my favourite dish and I have tried in dozens of pubs....the Lavender Italian sunday roast is best I ever had...they cook the pork belly for 5 hours and the result is amazing...they also serve a beef casserole in surprising way...

1  Thank LuckyLukeee
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Lavender is a bit of a hidden gem. Since being taken over by new management a few months ago it has become one of our favourite places to go to in Clapham and a perfect place to call our ‘local’. The very Italian menu is delicious and authentic and they have a great variety of drinks on offer too. However, the most fantastic thing about the Lavender is the warm and friendly welcome you get from all members of staff . A perfect place to enjoy with friends or family.

1  Thank K_Zilla2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently under new management, the Lavender has become one of my regular spots to enjoy authentic Italian food from their fantastic menu. With two very friendly Italians in charge and another running the kitchen, they have transformed this restaurant into somewhere you can enjoy a drink with friends or a meal with the family including breakfast/lunch/dinner and a weekend brunch – with an amazing selection of imported Italian wine and Prosecco, you cant go wrong!!

1  Thank Jade_MR003