“5 Stars all round!”

Laughing Gravy Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Laughing Gravy Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked away between offices and shops on Blackfriars Road, The Laughing Gravy restaurant is one of the capital���s best kept secrets. Laid back and informal, The Laughing Gravy offers a comfortable setting and friendly, efficient service ��� a must in the demanding local market. So settle in and prepare to enjoy the very best seasonal, fresh food featuring some of Britain���s best known and well loved specialties. Head chef Michael Facey, is known for his dedication to great ingredients and has worked alongside chefs such as John Torode and Mark Hix. Facey has carefully sourced the finest produce from the highest quality suppliers for The Laughing Gravy menu, even taking herbs and vegetables straight from the next door community garden.
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“5 Stars all round!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a great find! Stumbled across this place on Friday evening and originally had planned to just pop in for an after work glass of wine. We were so impressed by the service and friendliness of the staff we decided to stay for dinner. Even though we hadn't booked it wasn't a problem as the staff were more than happy to serve us at a table in the bar area. I had the lemon sole which came with a small portion of samphire, I asked for an additional side which came at no extra cost. My partner had the burger which was on par with the numerous burger joints springing up around London (Meat Liquor, Patty and bun). The desserts are to die for, we shared the Salted caramel fudge and shortbread filled chocolate cylinder which I can safely say is one of the best desserts ever
I highly recommend the Laughing Gravy we will definitely be back

1 Thank JOVG123

• Greek first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Wanted to meet my brother and sister in London as we haven't been alone as siblings for 6 years. I always feel disappointed with the touristy restaurants around the more obvious areas of London. So I visited Trip advisor to find something a little different- the reviews made my choice for me.
I was feeling worried when I saw where the restaurant is situated as it is just a small frontage on the Blackfriars road.
However, the minute we walked in.....Wow. The staff are very attentive but not overbearing.
I was so comfortable that I didn't even notice that the restaurant was full.
I had a salmon starter, followed by fishcake and then a rhubard dessert. I cannot fault it. The wine suggested by the waiter was delicious. I would argue that the fishcake was the best I'd ever eaten
We were then a 5 minute walk to the South Bank and enjoyed a sunny afternoon walking alongside the Thames.
I cannot recommend this highly enough. We could have been there all day and we wouldn't have felt uncomfortable or rushed. It was a special day for us and this restaurant was an amazing find.
I would love to go back- my brother treated me so I have no idea of the bill! It was worth every penny

1 Thank mrsaerodance
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Great find on Southbank”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Found this restaurant on Tripadvisor as we were looking for a special place to eat during our London Trip. Well deserves all its reviews. Food was of a very high standard and was beautifully cooked.Staff were attentive and service was good. Atmosphere and setting lovely and relaxed. Well worth a visit but would advise booking as we were there on a Wednesday night and restaurant was full.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank WilmaP63
Burnley, United Kingdom
“What a first class experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A wonderful place to eat out. Such fantastic food at really reasonable prices. Would definitely go again when next in London. Also the staff were great, and always helpful from taking our coats to sorting us a taxi at the end of the night. All in all well worth trying out as you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank J O
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Just Fantastic”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited the Laughing Gravy on Trip Advisor ratings and we were not disappointed. We were catching a train from Waterloo and wanted to spend some time with friends - for any function near Waterloo consider this venue strongly as a place to eat. Two had starters of scotch eggs which were excellent, the goats cheese was wonderful and the pate mousse was the highlight. Mains of burgers and lamb were cooked on the rare side of medium and drew the only slightly negative tone of the meal. Wine choice was eclectic and very good. Desserts we had by two and maintained the exceptionally high standard. We left as 5 very happy diners.

1 Thank SaintRP9