“Now this one where you will want to go back to again and again.”

Laughing Gravy Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Laughing Gravy Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tucked away between offices and shops on Blackfriars Road, The Laughing Gravy restaurant is one of the capital���s best kept secrets. Laid back and informal, The Laughing Gravy offers a comfortable setting and friendly, efficient service ��� a must in the demanding local market. So settle in and prepare to enjoy the very best seasonal, fresh food featuring some of Britain���s best known and well loved specialties. Head chef Michael Facey, is known for his dedication to great ingredients and has worked alongside chefs such as John Torode and Mark Hix. Facey has carefully sourced the finest produce from the highest quality suppliers for The Laughing Gravy menu, even taking herbs and vegetables straight from the next door community garden.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Now this one where you will want to go back to again and again.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first visit to the Laughing Gravy but I can assure you it won't be our last. After one visit it has now become a firm favourite when we travel to London. We experienced a warm and friendly welcome from the staff and its amazing how this alone can set the correct atmosphere for a great evening. Of course the food has to be good and here the laughter stops as this restaurant produces some of the best dishes that we have tasted. This was a special occasion for my wife and I and felt that the restaurant tried to go the extra mile to make sure that we had a great dinning experience. The menu is British the food is delicious. There is a good and reasonably priced wine and bar list. Overall I can't fault this restaurant and many thanks to the boys who ran the front of house for making our night special. We will be back. p.s. We booked in advance and had great comms from the restaurant regarding our booking requirements.

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Back again! Can't go wrong!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Back again! This cosy and intimate restaurant has morphed into our default place to meet; Friends, family, sometimes just the two of us. Excellent service (they get it just right) with wonderful food....and great value for money! Such a change from so many large impersonal venues. Pity there aren't more places like this! Find of the decade...

London, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in London”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been at Laughing Gravy so many times that I can't even count them. I have brought my friends there, my boyfriend has taken numerous work colleagues there and me and him have spent so many romantic dinners and brunches there, the last one being today. I can't honestly believe I am writing this review now since the first time I visited Laughing Gravy was ages ago.
Today we went for brunch since we know how good it is!
The service is always excellent, I love the romantic feel of the place and it always feels cosy.
I had the fishcake for brunch with egg on top and fries for the side. My boyfriend had Eggs Hemingway (poached egg, salmon, English muffin) and also slow roasted tomatoes as a side. I have to say that they know how to make slow roasted tomatoes, we always fight over these! The fishcake was lovely, my boyfriend had it last time we were there and he was very jealous of me. He also very much enjoyed the Eggs Hemingway. I also very much enjoy their cafe latte which is presented in a unique way! For dessert we shared a cherry crumble which is one of the best desserts I have ever eaten. The crumble is perfectly crunchy and the warm cherry and sauce are just lovely. When I took my friends to Laughing Gravy, we ALL had cherry crumble and they talked about it for days! That's how good it is. I would recommend Laughing Gravy to everyone, it is truly a great place to go.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service at a reasonable price!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked this restaurant for our Wedding Anniversary dinner, and although we were seated in the middle row of tables, we didnt feel at all exposed. The service was excellent from the minute we entered inside from the bitter cold and peeled off our layers of coats. Warm, friendly, attentive, knowlegable and unpretentious staff. I returned from the bathroom to find every table occupied by 7pm, so booking is essential. All three courses were delicious - loved the milk jam ice-cream that I had for dessert. Will definately be returning as I still need to try the Elderflower Mojito!

Milton Keyes
“Perfect after theatre meal”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a delicious 2 course meal here on a Saturday night. Great menu, yummy food, nice ambience, luscious wine and lovely staff. It was perfect for a post (or pre) performance at the Old Vic Theatre and happy to write that it is not part of a chain! So glad to have found it and will definitely be back.