“My New Favourite”

Lamberts
Ranked #430 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lamberts Restaurant serves seasonal British food in casual, comfortable surroundings with relaxed, friendly and professional service. With an excellent team of chefs led by rising star Matt Harris you know you are in for a treat. Great care and attention is put into sourcing all the produce, be it Middlewhite Pigs from Huntsham Farm or new season Asparagus from High Hall Farm in Suffolk.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was really pleased to find this place on the Balham/Tooting border. Amazing quality, inventive food without the pretentions of places of a similar standard. After we'd finished off our starters Smoked Mackerel, Anchovy Potato Salad, Lovage Dressing, and Scallops Ceviche, our waiter came over with a friendly 'like that?' Which we found very refreshing. Mains of Braised Featherblade and CodFillet were just as good as was the Rhubarb Upside down cake.
It really couldn't have been better, thanks to all at Lamberts, we'll be back!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been eating regularly in Lamberts since it opened. It's not every day that a restaurant as good as this opens up practically on your doorstep. I eat there as often as I can.

Every time I've been there the food and service has been nothing less than fabulous. For a while I've thought of it as my favourite restaurant in Balham. But it's better than that. It's my favourite restaurant in London.

1  Thank realdavorg
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Lamberts is a gem. The dishes are always a unique spin on classic British food. The weekly 2/3 course dinner menu or weekend lunch menues are great value and offer good selection. I love eating here because, although the menu always changes, I know the quality and selection food will always be superb. The staff are attentive too. If I had one criticism it would be that it sometimes lacks atmosphere as it sits on a quieter part of Balham High Road and mightn't be known by people. That said, it is a firm favourite with Balham locals.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Lambert's in Balham on a recommendation from a friend for my birthday. What a lovely little restaurant, authentic and lively atmosphere with excellent service. The food is quite superb and good value. We had the lamb and pork as main dishes, delicious! And the desserts were all excellent- we will be back again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I loved this restaurant! We moved to Balham a while ago and a few different people commented how good Lamberts was. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent, good balance between not being intrusive, but still attentive. They chose the wine to fit the meals we were both having, and didn't choose an expensive one, yet it was still delicious.

We had starters, mains, desert, bottle of wine and an aperitif, and it was about £60 each. A bit more expensive than just a normal night out, it's somewhere to go on an occasion perhaps, but it was very reasonable as the good was so good.

Can't wait to go back!